What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your welcome.. did you use Philly Sour? Also what did you use for the lime?

Yes I always use philly sour. Kettle souring I'm not a fan of doing really.

I wanted to use lime zest, but didn't fancy the waxed ones in the supermarket without having to make a special trip to Waitrose for the fancy ones. I ended up using a litre of lime juice / puree instead. Of course that posed another problem as I thought it might take the PH down too far, so I mashed a bit higher. It finished just a tad too sweet I think.

The husband says he's with you on the bon bon sweet thing. I'm glad you got some lime flavour as I have to look for it now, as it's worn off just a tad.

To me I get huge pear. The husband says he gets kiwi.

Yes I always use philly sour. Kettle souring I'm not a fan of doing really.

I wanted to use lime zest, but didn't fancy the waxed ones in the supermarket without having to make a special trip to Waitrose for the fancy ones. I ended up using a litre of lime juice / puree instead. Of course that posed another problem as I thought it might take the PH down too far, so I mashed a bit higher. It finished just a tad too sweet I think.

The husband says he's with you on the bon bon sweet thing. I'm glad you got some lime flavour as I have to look for it now, as it's worn off just a tad.

To me I get huge pear. The husband says he gets kiwi.
If youre worried about waxed lemons or limes just pou a kettle of boiling water over them. Wax is gone.

20230309_204107.jpg

Yes...its green!

20230310_183522.jpg

First tonight,which I was very much looking forward to tasting. Kindly donated by the forums own knowledge junky..Tess Tickle.
Bottle opened with a soft hiss and the beer pours lovely...a satisfying opaque colour and lovely white head. It's gently carbonated which is just right. Aroma wise it's refreshing with a hint of funk you get with a sour or a SAISON.
Now for the taste....its a party!! Instant fruity,tart lime...Opal Fruits,replaced by a lingering dry finish with a subtle salt finish.
I'm no Gose drinker..I've tried a few and certainly like the style.
This is a marvellous beer! In fact it's blinking delicious!! Right up my street in fact...I'm half way through it now and it's getting better as it warms..lovely lacing down the glass..that tart saltiness on the finish is excellent..
Well brewed TT!
I WILL return the favour.
Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back