What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this IPL although different from the first time I had it from memory. Great brewery, one of the best in the UK I would say for my taste anyway😋

IMG_20230310_183809.jpg

View attachment 82876
First tonight,which I was very much looking forward to tasting. Kindly donated by the forums own knowledge junky..Tess Tickle.
Bottle opened with a soft hiss and the beer pours lovely...a satisfying opaque colour and lovely white head. It's gently carbonated which is just right. Aroma wise it's refreshing with a hint of funk you get with a sour or a SAISON.
Now for the taste....its a party!! Instant fruity,tart lime...Opal Fruits,replaced by a lingering dry finish with a subtle salt finish.
I'm no Gose drinker..I've tried a few and certainly like the style.
This is a marvellous beer! In fact it's blinking delicious!! Right up my street in fact...I'm half way through it now and it's getting better as it warms..lovely lacing down the glass..that tart saltiness on the finish is excellent..
Well brewed TT!
I WILL return the favour.
Thanks for sharing.
I love the phrase "satisfying opaque colour" which I will apply to any creation of mine meant to clear which in fact does not though I realise that in this case it was intentional. "Opal fruits" is an age betrayer as for many years they have been called Starburst though I would not have known without having kids albeit now heading for middle age.

Tesco seem to have a new range of Brewdog stuff in that we haven't seen before. We bought a few different ones. Don't recommend this one though. At 4.1% it's wishy-washy and watery. Not a fan at all.

View attachment 82844
heaven forbid it's not trying to cater for the low alcohol market, ta for the heads up. you need to stick to your hubbys impy Tess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back