What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20230308_172012286.jpg

Cascade pale ale I brewed six weeks ago. Promising 👍🏻

Going to Tenerife soon, any recommendations? And yes, I know probably the wrong thread...but I might just remember to post what I am drinking 😀

Just had another Guinness but it was too dark to take a picture. We actually went to this new place to book for Saturday. Attached to it is a hidden bar - you press against a wall and it opens, on the other side a small dark room. You walk across and press against the wall which opens and reveals a large and very dark room with a long bar, some gaming tables, and loads of trendy young people sitting on beanbags. I immediately felt very out of place but we had one drink anyway.

Can I come home now?

Just finished a Lime Gose kindly shared by @Tess Tickle's Brewery .
Good looking beer, straw colour with a nice head on pouring. The head left a nice lacing for the whole time it took to drink.
Aroma had a light doughy note from the malts with subtle citrus. It also had a lactic yogurt aroma, that's not a negative it was nice but something I have noticed in the Gose I brewed with Philly sour yeast.
Mouthfeel was silky,soft with medium carbonation. Tart more than sour that was nice as it kept it nice and easy drinking.
Flavour had a Lime with maybe a hint of coriander and a subtle saltiness at the very back end. The lime complemented the lactic tartness and definitely was nicely balanced. Felt like a zingy lime sweet with the slightly yoghurt lactic it reminded me of a coating of a Bon Bon sweet(before you get to the toffee centre obviously 😋).
Overall a very well brewed beer, nice balance of tartness with the lime character being a nice addition without overpowering the beer to much. Thanks for sharing. Nice brew👍
IMG_20230309_184834.jpg
IMG_20230309_191155.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back