What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@dan125 hazy IPA ..nice and hoppy with a more bitter feel than normal which is good to me👍🏼
IMG_20230226_192555.jpg

My best bitter entered in a comp as ordinary bitter, came second in the Ordinary Bitter category I did note the the three bringing up the rear were, two score of 14 and one of 19. Would love to see their score sheets. There was no Stout category but I entered my Foreign Extra Stout as a mixed fermentation for a 3rd in comp so pleased with that.

IMG_6053.JPG IMG_6054.JPG

Where do you live, I had to pay £1.29 for that last week 🤷‍♂️
It was in lidl in Standish (Lancashire). May have been an offer as part of their “Alpen” week. …at least the bratwurst were good!

Ps anyone know where I can buy an authentic Vienna Lager? I like what I have produced but am interested in comparing it with someone authentic.

Last edited:
It was in lidl in Standish (Lancashire). May have been an offer as part of their “Alpen” week. …at least the bratwurst were good!

Ps anyone know where I can buy an authentic Vienna Lager? I like what I have produced but am interested in comparing it with someone authentic.
Good to know down south we get charged a 30% premium!

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a Vienna lager for sale. Shelves of supermarket are crammed full of hazy pale ales, macro lager, and mass produced British bitters. No room for anything as exotic as a Vienna lager. Only one I know of is Negra Modelo, and they even market that as a Munich dunkel nowadays.

Hop tea experiment. I'll be dosing a plain lager that came free with a takeaway with these hop teas this evening to see that the different hops are like

Having sniffed them all in sequence, they all "smell of hops" 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Attachments

• 16776093093098634731149609467746.jpg
    16776093093098634731149609467746.jpg
    68.8 KB
Ooh I like your experiments AG! Which hops are you trying?
🤦‍♀️ They are labelled in the picture! It's not too clear I'll grant you

But, from left to right,
Nelson Sauvin
Motueka
Citra
Simcoe

My wife wanted me to make a new Zealand IPA and I've never played with those hops before. And I had some citra and Simcoe left over I figured may as well come to the party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back