What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a weekender in Bruges and did some wonderful pubs and beers including first try of the much talked about saison benchmark which didn’t disappoint
View attachment 82538
love bruges, We usually stay in the crowne plaza and park the car underground only it take 20 mins to get into the hotel and due to the one way system twice as long to get out. the carpark is uber tight so you're ready to hit the bars once parked up :laugh8: . dumon chocs also great and the duvelarium is a great place to view the grote markt square with a tasty beer in hand....

Cold IPA for the second half of the footie
IMG_20230301_204514.jpg

Sorry about the shyte photo because when this poured, it looked class. Proper copper coloured head with an instant, massive coffee aroma. This is a fantastic porter, kindly shared by @samale

This is delicious. I want to make a keg of this stuff. I am struggling to fault this beer. It's so good, I now feel bad for the next beer. Top work, fella!
DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG
another doozy from @samale

This was the next beer after that awesome porter. I should have done them the other way around but after a day of drinking **** lager, I fancied a change. But this stands up well. Clean, crisp, tangy and with a bit of bite from the cascade. This is a very good example of the style, IMO. Could quite happily quaff more of these. Lovely!

I liked the Simcoe/citra mix better than either of the two individual hops.
Simco and citra seems like a good combo to me but at what ratio would it be used; 50 50 or something another way .?

It's actually blocked for me when I click on it, I will pm you the link if you want ? It's AliExpress, so maybe it's blocked on the forum ? I order regularly from there and only ever had one issue that was quickly solved with an email and quick refund. I had a delivery if heat exchanger disk that arrived 10 days after placing order !
I think it's just a badly formed bit of code.
If you look at the source code you can see it mixed in there somewhere:

1677774578426.png

But ultimately - it points to https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPW0g7C

I'm obviously old-school in thinking my beer should drop crystal clear (except hefeweizen). The red one's mine. It's a GPA made with Red-X and Monroe hops. Very smooth. The blonde is the recipe for Bishops Farewell substituting Lórien for Cascade. Lovely stuff. 🍻🍻

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_180509.jpg
    IMG_20230302_180509.jpg
    48.9 KB
  • IMG_20230302_175949.jpg
    IMG_20230302_175949.jpg
    55.9 KB
Last edited:
I'm obviously old-school in thinking my beer should drop crystal clear (except hefeweizen). The red one's mine. It's a GPA made with Red-X and Monroe hops. Very smooth. The blonde is the recipe for Bishops Farewell substituting Lorient for Cascade. Lovely stuff. 🍻🍻
Can’t see the year on that Barclays Russian imperial. Is it 1970 ??
Lovely clear beers there by the way

It was in lidl in Standish (Lancashire). May have been an offer as part of their “Alpen” week. …at least the bratwurst were good!

Ps anyone know where I can buy an authentic Vienna Lager? I like what I have produced but am interested in comparing it with someone authentic.
Cloudwater used to do one years ago. Not sure if they still do or not.

It's 1969. The other one hasn't got a date. I keep intending to try it. And culture the yeast or at least try.
Was just reading a review of someone that opened the 1970 bottle and they said it was still fantastic and had a Brett funkiness to it but they had no yeast to culture as it was all absorbed into the beer over 50 odd years.
Nice few bottles. Is the Guinness of the same vintage ?

Simco and citra seems like a good combo to me but at what ratio would it be used; 50 50 or something another way .?
A couple of M&S vocation beers use this combo but not sure of ratio. I went for 50/50 in trying to clone, as that the ratio in the Greg Hughes IPA recipe but I expect its worth playing around with.

Having a quick beer, well a couple before I clean up the brew day.

Stark IPA from Hopfully. NEIPA isn’t a favorite style but I’m liking this one.

Attachments

• 2A4B8F48-307C-4FA6-B805-91763CD673F2.jpeg
    2A4B8F48-307C-4FA6-B805-91763CD673F2.jpeg
    64.8 KB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back