What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fancied a bitter so popped to Waitrose for this little haul. Fullers Vintage is on offer at the moment, £5.

19F2E7C2-DB08-4200-A3E8-0C85B095CD99.jpeg

Warming up with a Landlord

D39EAB1B-9B0B-4FEA-9EFD-A95F09C78C1B.jpeg

Happy Friday friends😀
I’ve got some rye IPAs lined up for later, but I’m setting the scene with an American Brown Ale kindly sent by @phildo79.
Medium carbonation, the dissipated quickly but was refreshed with a swirl of the glass. The aroma is a balance of piney hops and toasty malts. The flavour is malt forward; toasty roasted flavours take the lead with a perfect balance of citrus and pine hops. The IBUs are low on the label, but the roasted malts really carry through and the end result is a great balance between the dark malt sweetness, medium hop presence and the roasted grains.
Lovely beer, and the perfect start to the evening. Thank you for sharing it!
66AD7960-29EB-4869-8DE2-AAA71A14BB20.jpeg

IMG_20230303_183641.jpg

Evening folks,
I've decided to forego the out of date Beer52 garage stash tonight and go back to my own brew beers.
So here is my Dortmunder pilsner beer from last April.
Unfortunately it's lost most of its condition through its old screwcork.
Flavour wise though it's wonderful.
It had seemed 'thinnish' for some while, but has now flavoured up amazingly.
Question : is it only my brews, or do bottled beers from all grain and proper hops always take a good long while to reach their peak flavour?

Brickbats expected!

Happy Friday friends😀
I’ve got some rye IPAs lined up for later, but I’m setting the scene with an American Brown Ale kindly sent by @phildo79.
Medium carbonation, the dissipated quickly but was refreshed with a swirl of the glass. The aroma is a balance of piney hops and toasty malts. The flavour is malt forward; toasty roasted flavours take the lead with a perfect balance of citrus and pine hops. The IBUs are low on the label, but the roasted malts really carry through and the end result is a great balance between the dark malt sweetness, medium hop presence and the roasted grains.
Lovely beer, and the perfect start to the evening. Thank you for sharing it!
View attachment 82623
I had that beer last night, nice drop 👌

View attachment 82626
Evening folks,
I've decided to forego the out of date Beer52 garage stash tonight and go back to my own brew beers.
So here is my Dortmunder pilsner beer from last April.
Unfortunately it's lost most of its condition through its old screwcork.
Flavour wise though it's wonderful.
It had seemed 'thinnish' for some while, but has now flavoured up amazingly.
Question : is it only my brews, or do bottled beers from all grain and proper hops always take a good long while to reach their peak flavour?

Brickbats expected!
I would generally say the opposite that it is beers made from malt extract which take the longest to reach peak flavour (although I do think kegged beers condition quicker than bottled).

This is of course purely anecdotal and based on my personal preferences and tastes so other’s experiences may differ significantly.

Picked up a couple of pints of Cask from Iron Pier for tonight.
Joined at the Hop is their 3.8% pale the they pick one English hop and then pair it with a American or European hop usually. Some of them have been really good for a lite easy drinking pale. This month's is Admiral & Amarillo., Good combo.
IMG_20230303_195833.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back