What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer Breeze - past it’s best now, the hops are not as bright.

E0F6ACD5-EE64-4E0A-9081-7D2E47E8FACE.jpeg

love bruges, We usually stay in the crowne plaza and park the car underground only it take 20 mins to get into the hotel and due to the one way system twice as long to get out. the carpark is uber tight so you're ready to hit the bars once parked up :laugh8: . dumon chocs also great and the duvelarium is a great place to view the grote markt square with a tasty beer in hand....
Thank DOJ I’m planning on doing another visit so any tips much appreciated. DeGarre was a great bar with huge beer menu but so much more to explore! What a great beer city 🍻

And now the second of my locals cask offerings..... Black Iris Endless Summer.... A session IPA with Mosaic and Simcoe Google tells me. It's decent tbf. Lacking bitterness maybe for an IPA

Hi H, i had a few days starting last Saturday until Tuesday were i felt really **** and washed out, did a covid test negative, what ever it was went as quick as it came

So how old is that brew then H, when to you consider is the peak time for flavour for the hops to shine after fermentation is finished and the beer is kegged or bottled ?
It was kegged on October 4th so is 5 months old now. I would say months 2 and 3 were probably peak months and it was still nice in month 4 but it has now gone over the top after 5 months. It doesn’t help that there’s only a pint or two left in the keg because it seems to age quickly when you’re at the end of the keg.

The answer to your wider question is a bit open because it depends on the style of beer, the strength of the beer, the quality of the beer, the temperature you store the beer, and so on. As a general rule I guess, highly hopped beers are at their best quite early because the hops fade and the beer ages fast, peak condition may be after just 2 or 3 weeks. At the other end of the scale a very strong imperial stout might be at it’s best several months or even years down the line.

If you brew a few beers regularly you might want to taste each beer each week and rate them (you could just assign a score out of 10 or produce something more thorough using a BJCP score sheet). You can then see when the beers you brew are at their best and set this as your conditioning time.

It was kegged on October 4th so is 5 months old now. I would say months 2 and 3 were probably peak months and it was still nice in month 4 but it has now gone over the top after 5 months. It doesn’t help that there’s only a pint or two left in the keg because it seems to age quickly when you’re at the end of the keg.

The answer to your wider question is a bit open because it depends on the style of beer, the strength of the beer, the quality of the beer, the temperature you store the beer, and so on. As a general rule I guess, highly hopped beers are at their best quite early because the hops fade and the beer ages fast, peak condition may be after just 2 or 3 weeks. At the other end of the scale a very strong imperial stout might be at it’s best several months or even years down the line.

If you brew a few beers regularly you might want to taste each beer each week and rate them (you could just assign a score out of 10 or produce something more thorough using a BJCP score sheet). You can then see when the beers you brew are at their best and set this as your conditioning time.
So considering how hop heavy your summer breeze recipe is it does well to still taste good at three months then.still can’t get my head around the fact you still have a summer breeze in a keg after five months, not loosing your touch are you H.😂😂🍻

So considering how hop heavy your summer breeze recipe is it does well to still taste good at three months then.
Summer Breeze is hoppy but is not the kind of hoppy that needs drinking quickly, this is more your NEIPA style ales where Summer Breeze is more of an American Pale.

Still can’t get my head around the fact you still have a summer breeze in a keg after five months, not loosing your touch are you H.😂😂🍻

Maybe just a bit 😉

I stocked up for Christmas and then over-indulged through Christmas and the New Year so I throttled right back through January and February as you might have seen on the drinking channel where I’ve been pouring fewer and smaller beers.

Summer Breeze is hoppy but is not the kind of hoppy that needs drinking quickly, this is more your NEIPA style ales where Summer Breeze is more of an American Pale.

Maybe just a bit 😉

I stocked up for Christmas and then over-indulged through Christmas and the New Year so I throttled right back through January and February as you might have seen on the drinking channel where I’ve been pouring fewer and smaller beers.
he uses adobe photoshop to make the class look small :laugh8:acheers.

Maybe just a bit 😉

It happens to the best of us mate; no doubt you will soon be in your stride again, you can’t keep a good brewer down 😜🍻🍻

Happy Friday folks!

Milestone moment for me today - my very first kegerator pour, from my very first beer that was kegged in an actual keg.

My lime Gose / sour. Deffo would like a few of you to try this for me. I think it's gone well. 🙏

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back