What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newly kegged clone of Yuengling traditional lager. Strangely it required half a kilo of flaked corn, can’t really taste it though tbh. One for the summer really but it’s going down nicely.

E801AF23-89F4-4DE8-B453-2E6A909DD611.jpeg

Almost there. A pint of Irish Red should see me across the line. This one is pretty good. Leaning towards the caramel malts, I like a bit more roast in mine. On the plus side, plenty of fruity notes from the Irish Ale yeast.
390B01CA-61FA-4F4E-8B59-69B20D6F9A77.jpeg

Bonus crossword close up for any lurking cruciverbalists.

F2D2A128-6DCC-4BB4-BFCA-B447E24A2D86.jpeg

Having another of these. The alcohol in the aroma is distracting.

Reminds me though, I need to get some hopy brews going. I feel like I am moving on from my malt phase and back into hazy IPA territory.

20230111_154859.jpg

Would you share your recipe?
Yes sure

Brewfather

I didn’t have cluster so I just used cascade but it should have cluster too. I also had higher than expected mash efficiency so I had to top up with some water to keep the abv down to 4.5%, so you might want to just use the % grain split rather than the absolute weights.

Did you drill a separate hole for the gas and drain.
Yes, that’s right.

The gas line plugs into my gas manifolds (whichever the keg is plugged into) and the drain is currently into a Jerry can inside the brew shed but will be routed back out under the bar and into the drain from my under-bar sink.

The beer feed is another length of 3/8 with a black ball-lock disconnect that I just push onto the keg I want to bottle from.

Onto my Gose. I am enjoying this beer, nice and refreshing..only one problem..
I like sour/tart beers, but don't think Im really fussed about 19l of it🤔
View attachment 80562
This is a real problem. Like the style, want to understand the challenge of how to brew it well, can't face the thought of 35 pints of the stuff!

It's why I've never brewed a Tripel or an Impy Stout. I enjoy them a couple of times a year max. I'd never get through a 20L brew.

This is a real problem. Like the style, want to understand the challenge of how to brew it well, can't face the thought of 35 pints of the stuff!

It's why I've never brewed a Tripel or an Impy Stout. I enjoy them a couple of times a year max. I'd never get through a 20L brew.
Agreed
Those styles you mention I would like to brew also, but I will definitely bottle condition the batch so they don't take up space in the kegerator and I can take time drinking. I have a Belgian quad that I want to brew and I plan to bottle condition. They only problem it then mucks up my beer schedule and beer stock🤷🏽

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back