What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nøgne Ø Svart/Hvit
B374B7F3-37EF-4BEE-9F56-87B06435387D.jpeg

An alcohol free Coffee Porter which is actually a really good beer in its own right, slight treacle like smell, actually decent mouth feel, I was actually double checking it really was alcohol free. Shame more alcohol free beers can’t be like this.

Mrs70 and I are in need of some refreshment. And could be more refreshing than a French 75.
Gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup and champagne (or Prosecco in our case as we’re cheap skates)

View attachment 80483
Looks rather delicious, I would be loath to use a premium sparkling wine (or any premium alcohol in general) in something like this as surely the lemon juice and sugar syrup would drown out a lot of the flavour.

Looks rather delicious, I would be loath to use a premium sparkling wine (or any premium alcohol in general) in something like this as surely the lemon juice and sugar syrup would drown out a lot of the flavour.
Absolutely, but I’d certainly have one made with Champers if someone else is paying😂

My Vienna Lager. Definitely undercarbed. Need a new plan for bottle conditioning after 6 weeks lagering in primary - but other than that it is a lovely beer: crisp, malty, bitter-sweet.
Batch prime. I make up sugar dissolved in water from kettle per carb calculator. Then put that in bottling keg. Purge then closed transfer from fermenter to that and invert the keg a few times to ensure it is combined noting not pressure fermented. I then bottle with boel tap. Leave bottles for 2 weeks at ferment temp cellar at 12 to condition or if largering 7c

Waiting for the mash to finish and the starter wort to cool. I transferred the pils to a serving keg and this is the dregs of the fermenting keg. It's surprisingly NEIPA like... Funny how fruity noble hops are when used late in the boil.
20230108_142934.jpg

Attachments

• 20230108_125348.jpg
    20230108_125348.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
My historical IPA, enjoying this one a lot, good body, hard to fault.
005.JPG

006.JPG

Robust Porter with some Stilton Cheese, could eat this till the cows come home. Actually was reading that much to the dismay of our cheese makers the FTA agreement is starting to kick in with cheese from unpasturised milk from the UK is making its way to our shores. Australia is very strict on cheese from unpasturised milk we only have a couple of cheese makers here allowed to use unpasturised milk. Looking forward to sampling some.
007.JPG

008.JPG

Been a really hot day so dug my first Belgian out of the fridge. A year or so old and has aged well. Actually crystal clear but a frosty glass...
20230109_185633_copy_918x1268.jpg

Followed up with @Rodcx500's Lancashire Pale Ale recipe...
20230109_200233_copy_1356x848.jpg

Pic taken just now, around 8pm and will be daylight till around 10:30... 🙂

My historical IPA, enjoying this one a lot, good body, hard to fault.
Was going to ask for recipe as sounds interesting but did a forum search first. Did you use the BYO recipe as-is...?

Been a really hot day so dug my first Belgian out of the fridge. A year or so old and has aged well. Actually crystal clear but a frosty glass...
View attachment 80501

Followed up with @Rodcx500's Lancashire Pale Ale recipe...
View attachment 80502
Pic taken just now, around 8pm and will be daylight till around 10:30... 🙂
Hi Sifty, any feed back on the LPA would you change anything

Probably only the strength. 🙂
My system's pretty efficient so it came in at 7.2%. Slightly overpowers the flavours. Apart from that it's a belter... athumb.. Good colour, great clarity, nice balance.
Really wanted something to use my Fuggle hops on and it goes well, will brew again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back