What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting off with a schooner of best bitter, followed by the historical bitter/IPA I would call it, we have a comp coming up going to brew this again add some medium crystal and call it a bitter.
004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

86FEC20D-530B-495D-AD91-95D831F416BE.jpeg

Rothaus Hefe Weizen (Alcohol Free)

It’a actually being surprising how much more range their is in alcohol free beers now even compared to a few years ago, I can still remember when the only option seemed to be rather vile overly sweet ‘larger’.

This beer is highly carbonated with the banana coming through fairly strongly, as with all non alcoholic beers it I still a little thin but frankly a pretty good attempt at a Weizen.

I did the Youngs American IPA, bottling it about 5 t 6 weeks ago, so I decided it was time to ‘quality assure ‘ a few bottles. It came out at (I think) about 5.7% and it’s not bad at all. In fact it’s very moreish with a very hoppy flavour. It looks cloudy in the picture, but it’s not. The ‘cloudiness’ is because I put the bottles in the fridge, so what you can see is condensation on the outside of the glass,.

Attachments

• A2FAF0DC-2330-4EF4-94C3-4E414322D282.jpeg
    A2FAF0DC-2330-4EF4-94C3-4E414322D282.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is the second of the beers I was kindly sent by @Justin Dean
and truly a cracker !
Christmas Dreamer stout, this is a deceptively moreish at 11.7%
Lovely dark espresso malt, subtle almost vanilla sweetness in background
and lingering bitter finish.
Hats off to you for this, only stout I've had I could compare to this is from Verdant.

20230107_173558.jpg

and truly a cracker !
Hats off to you for this, only stout I've had I could compare to this is from Verdant.

View attachment 80418
Would love to see the recipe for that @Justin Dean. I thought you only enjoyed the lower abv styles. It looks good 👍

and truly a cracker !

View attachment 80418
You are welcome. Glad you like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back