What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably only the strength. 🙂
My system's pretty efficient so it came in at 7.2%. Slightly overpowers the flavours. Apart from that it's a belter... athumb.. Good colour, great clarity, nice balance.
Really wanted something to use my Fuggle hops on and it goes well, will brew again...
Thanks for the feed back, deffo not a session beer then acheers.

First sample of my Irish Red and it's taking a while to carb up, but tastes lovely 😍

Attachments

• 20230109_175515.jpg
    20230109_175515.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
IMG_20230110_191214.jpg

Still drinkably pleasant and hoppy, but well out of date BBE July '22.
It wasn't stored in the cold corner of the garage. 😕
IMG_20230108_185121.jpg

This is a belated posting of Sunday's preprandial.
Also an OOD can but worth the effort.
The wheel in it's truing stand is my first wheel-build, previously shown when newly laced.
Now it is tensioned and trued up.
The proof will be in the riding🤞.

I have been sitting on a couple of beers from @hazelsmd I apologise for not drinking them before now.

This is Butterfly Effect DIPA. Its 8.5% but doesn't feel it, although there is a slight alcohol taste on the finish. Aroma and flavour ate similar, flavour is stronger. Stone fruits, apricot, slight tangerine taste. Very nice. Perhaps lacking a bit of bitterness which perhaps what makes it so easy to drink. Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• 20230110_211304.jpg
    20230110_211304.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
Having a shitty day - knocked over a £40 bottle of whisky and now I've cut my hand on a can of sweetcorn 😕. I will spare you the gory picture. I'm morngey so I've opened a beer to make me feel a bit better. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

View attachment 80519
Sad about the whisky :( maybe its god's way of telling you to drink more beer wink... Thanks for not showing the pic of your injury I can't even stand the sight of my own i'm so squeamish :oops: . Sweetcorn is a cunning food, I'm sure it was waiting for your guard to be down and pounce to cause injury. wink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back