Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers D, not gonna sleep too well tonight i recon, it's amazing how the little fella gets ya ;) he's the fifth member of the family, my wee girls are gutted that he's not here to give them a good night sniff/kiss :cry:

Had a nice parcel from you today :thumb:

I'm slack mine will be posted very soon.

I hope Benny Flip Flops is OK. We have just started to look after a Spaniel pup and he could be a great dog if his owners put the effort in, unfortunately they're not so I've taken up the challenge.

*shakes head* glad you took him on, anyone who gets a springer needs to know how much time / effort and love they need

You'll do the dog proud i'm sure JP :thumb:

Wez said:
Cheers D, not gonna sleep too well tonight i recon, it's amazing how the little fella gets ya ;) he's the fifth member of the family, my wee girls are gutted that he's not here to give them a good night sniff/kiss :cry:

Had a nice parcel from you today :thumb:

I'm slack mine will be posted very soon.

Glad it arrived in good order. I have just necked one tonight and it really is quite nice. I am really looking forward to some feedback as I have my own ideas on how to improve.

Now for an Old Grumpy :cheers:

Wez said:
*shakes head* glad you took him on, anyone who gets a springer needs to know how much time / effort and love they need

You'll do the dog proud i'm sure JP :thumb:

Jack.jpg

He's a cheeky chap who likes the river and seaside

Gonna see if I have a Benson puppy pic on this PC

This (8 weeks old)
shallijump-1.jpg

Grew into this:
benny1.jpg

He's the tallest Springer anyone has ever seen, he actually towers over most Labradors

He does :grin: i hope to have him back with us tomorrow, i'll let you know :pray:

Good man on the rescue dogs :thumb:

awwww :)

now that i live closer to work, i've been thinking about getting a gun dog such as a spaniel especially if i'm to start going shooting in the field but i'm not sure my cats would agree.

springers/cockers always grab me at the heart when i see them. even if they are hard work and bloody loopy i still think they're awesome.

i'm wondering if the cats would be ok with a pup. at least the dog will grow up knowing they're boss!

We got him back :thumb:

He's had ultrasounds and x-rays which showed up that he had crystals formed in his bladder and urinary tract which stopped him from peeing and gave him blood in his urine, it sounds like the food we had him on (which is a reputable high cost one) has a level of calcium in it that he can't break down and that is what has caused it :shock:

So they got him under a general anesthetic and cleared them out, they also removed some lumpds which were harmless lumps and gave his nashers a good scale and polish, he's lay at my feet at the moment looking rather sore and sorry for himself, i'm going to sleep downstairs with him tonight I think.

Total cost £830 - if it had been 10x that i'd have found a way to pay.

Hopefully the insurance we have for him will cover most of the costs, we'll see.

Just glad he's home :D

awww glad to hear he's ok. good thing you caught it when you did!

bless ya for sleeping with him.. i'd do the same :)

i thought pet insurance paid upfront? that's worrying cos i've got a pet plan for my cats to avoid that sort of payout should anything happen :wha:

Great news Wez.

I understand your position of you would find the money, been there done that.

And re dog food, my Spanish vet recomended that you should never feed your dog tined dog food due to all the **** and fat that they contain. A mix of meat,veggies and a appropriate dry food is the recommendations that I have been given.

P2

i've got to concur with P2

all the dog owners i know feed them less of the tinned stuff and more of the dried and fresh stuff... especially to keep their weight down when they eat everything no matter how big the portion

Benson has never had a tinned food in his life, James Wellbeloved kibble is what he's had since being a pup, that was advice from a breeder and a gun dog trainer, looks like he'll be on Hills Prescription diet now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back