What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used my new toy tonight for the first time - 27L Fermzilla Gen 3.2 Tri-Conical. To keep it simple I just used the MYO Premium Lager kit from The Range, but used different yeast - Hoppin Pils from CML. For the dry hop in a weeks time, I'm replacing the kit hops with Motueka, hoping to get a nice citrusy hopped lager for the next short spurt of summer weather, when/if it visits central Scotland again!

Impromptu user upper brew today, small 10L batch so nice easy brew day.

Batch#52 Vienna Lager
BIAB (no sparge)
Total water 14.3L
OG 1.051
FG 1.013
ABV 5%
EBC 22.5
IBU 25

Clear choice ale malt 1kg
Light Munich 1kg
Vienna 250gm
Light Crystal 220gm

Tettnang 10gm 60mins
Tettnang 5gm 15mins
Tettnang 10gm 5mins
Tettnang 45gm hopstand 80c 30mins

OG and volume on the mark, now chilling in brewfridge to pitch MJ54 at 14c
Have some Saaz and Hallertau Blanc for possible dry hop.

Museum beer making demonstration, 20l Golden ale.
3kg Maris Otter
150g crystal malt
10g magnum
25g Boadicea
Tomorrow I'll add some yeast & see what happens.
Should be ready for the August musical festival and/or September steam fair.

I did a session hazy yesterday. Single hop cashmere, because I’ve decided I do too many brews with multiple hops that there are some hops where I don’t actually think I know what they taste like

Roggenbier.

Never even drank one before!

Equal parts rye and light Munich, bit of torrefied wheat and a smidge of black to get colour to style spec, which I regret because it was looking a lovely red.

1st time using rye, very peppery smell coming from the mash.

A little magnum for about 14ibu and mj m20.

Efficiency took a hit, but pitching at 1.050.

Last brew until September.

Same as me, but the tumble drier is always the star of my show 🙂
I've never used Cashmere before but, having just looked it up, it looks quite interesting. I'm going to add it to my "to try" list!
I’ve had it in a few commercial hazies but never used it myself, which was one of the reasons I went for it. I also believe it’s less “in your face” than some of the NEIPA hops so should be better with the lower ABV of this brew.

Back