What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d quite like another bitter but I’m going to have a porter instead so the bitter lasts a bit longer. It’s already half empty and the next batch won’t be ready for two or three weeks (it’s still fermenting until after the weekend!).

AE1539E5-50FF-4076-BE29-8F7016300A36.jpeg

I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying a couple of brews from @JockyBrewer.

Bitter
4C2D2860-F506-47E2-9508-6B706A4F706F.jpeg

Märzen
94468821-6C94-4909-95D1-7787F902D347.jpeg

Two incredibly well made beers, and both bang on style. Thank-you for sharing them 🍻 (sorry for pouring the Märzen into a pint glass, but I’m off for a few days, and I’m on the gargle tonight).

Having a Vienna Lager brewed by @Alastair70 .
Nice copper colour with a small white head, which small layer stuck around for the whole pint.Not crystal clear which is surprising for your brews. .Aroma was malty & toasty with maybe a little spice from the hops carbonation is low/medium with a decent level of body but still remaining crisp and easy drinking. Flavours follow the aroma malty with a little nutty character and a soft floral spice from the hops. Bitterness is nice and has a nice smooth drink ability..for me very nice brew...I like it alot🍻😋👌🏼
IMG_20230330_200047.jpg

I did the Irish Stout kit from The Range in about November/December last year and the bottles have just been sitting in the shed for a while. I tried one a good few weeks back and felt it needed a little longer in the bottle, so I thought I’d give them a try again this evening. I’ve just opened the first bottle and it’s improved markedly, so much so that I’ve gone out to the shed and brought a few more in! If my memory serves me correctly, this came in at 5.0%, so it’s just right for me. My back is playing up at the moment, and I have a feeling these stouts will do me far more good than ibuprofen! 🤣🤣. Cheers!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpeg
    IMG_0079.jpeg
    61.3 KB
First beer of the weekend is a @Benfleet Brewery Simcoe Pale .
Could smell the hops on pouring which was a good sign. Bottle condition and hasnt seemed to have lost any hop aroma👍.
Nice Caramel colour, big fluffy head that stuck around with lots of lacing. Aroma had a little sweetness from the malts then a dank sweet pine aroma. Medium body with medium carbonation , nice balanced bitterness. Hop flavour is pine, citrus and a little berry. Very nice pale..think that would score well in a comp I think..Super smashing Great 🥳🍺
A⭐ for the label design too
IMG_20230331_165421.jpg

Part way through a bottle of Silver Ghost Chilean Sauvingnon Blanc. Delicious.

Trying to make sure I have some beers left for the competitions I've signed up to.
Yes I had to buy some cans as some the kegs were feeling a little empty..still got a few weeks to go until the next comps.

Good evening, 12 day old false lager us-05 progress and pacifica hops it is very nice for it’s age, the hops are a really good combo, also there is a lot of chill haze at 3.8c View attachment 83751View attachment 83752
12 days old? Infanticide! 😅
My most recently drunk beer (commercial) is a full year out of date, and my homebrews ( 2 different pilsners) I brewed a year ago. All these are in bottles.
I do have older homebrew pale ales going back to 2 years ago aswell 😜, but I'm preserving them until I've caught up with the OOD Beer52 stash.
Cheers 🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back