What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very interesting the effect dispense has on perception.
I'd say it isn't even perception. Beer changes at dispense.

The exact same beer can be packaged different ways, yet Cask, can, bottle and keg are all different. There's even a difference between from how you pour a bottle, or whether cask is served with or without a sparkler.

Helles, probably my last as trapsing around some Christmas themed event **** tomorrow.

Making this again, if I can get the yeast. Although TMM are out of the Warminster Czech Lager malt so may have to wait or sub.

Key tip - give up drinking for a few weeks at the same time you keg your lager.

20231208_224147.jpg

IMG_20231208_132923.jpg

Dinner in Calais.
That’s a Vendages Tardives Gewurtztraminer with my entree.
Plantain, brioche and (ahem, cough) foie gras.
Followed by fillet steak and a St. Nicholas de Bourgeuil red.
SWMBO'd had Ventoux red with her turbot.
IMG_20231208_134922.jpg

It's been 2 years since our last trip, so don't go thinking we live like this every day!

You both look very content @531Man. Enjoy
Thanks for that @YeastFace .
You wouldn't believe how stressful I found it in Carrefour and the Calais wine and beer warehouse now we are restricted to only 2 doz. bottles of wine to bring back duty free.
Each of course.
Remember I did say it was 2 years since the last booze trip.
That amount just doesn't hack it!

Happy BirthDave @dave_77
Thanks for that @YeastFace .
You wouldn't believe how stressful I found it in Carrefour and the Calais wine and beer warehouse now we are restricted to only 2 doz. bottles of wine to bring back duty free.
Each of course.
Remember I did say it was 2 years since the last booze trip.
That amount just doesn't hack it!

Are spirits, liqueurs, and beer in addition to that?

Time for a pint of the best Irish Red @phildo79 has ever tasted! High praise mate, if you’re passing anytime soon drop in for another 🍻🍻. After the thrashing we gave it on Saturday, I wouldn’t hang around but 😂

View attachment 92924
Not sure I said 'ever tasted' but on reflection...yeah, it probably is. I certainly can't think of a better one. A truly fantastic Irish red and one that I would happily sup away at, all day long. I doth my cap, sir. You clearly know what you are doing. You should call round when my slightly more robust Beamish is ready. I've got good vibes about the extra abv.

Baltic Porter is 16 months in the bottle, I hope this gets consumed during the holidays, a bit on the sweet side for me.
1702106634726.jpeg

Nancy Naylor Landlady an easy drink but a little strong, methinks Timothy mashes higher than suggested.

I woke up early in the mornin', tae slake ma drouth it was ma need
I tried to rise, but was nae able, for Nancy had me by the heid
"Come on, landlady, what's the reck'nin', tell me what I have to pay"
"Fifteen shillin's is the reck'nin', pay me quickly and go away"

1702106976246.jpeg

Baltic Porter is 16 months in the bottle, I hope this gets consumed during the holidays, a bit on the sweet side for me.
View attachment 92969
Nancy Naylor Landlady an easy drink but a little strong, methinks Timothy mashes higher than suggested.

I woke up early in the mornin', tae slake ma drouth it was ma need
I tried to rise, but was nae able, for Nancy had me by the heid
"Come on, landlady, what's the reck'nin', tell me what I have to pay"
"Fifteen shillin's is the reck'nin', pay me quickly and go away"

View attachment 92970
A bit of the Dubliners always makes the drink go down easier

Not sure I said 'ever tasted' but on reflection...yeah, it probably is. I certainly can't think of a better one. A truly fantastic Irish red and one that I would happily sup away at, all day long. I doth my cap, sir. You clearly know what you are doing. You should call round when my slightly more robust Beamish is ready. I've got good vibes about the extra abv.
I might have paraphrased slightly, but I’m never going to admit to it.

Helles, probably my last as trapsing around some Christmas themed event **** tomorrow.

Making this again, if I can get the yeast. Although TMM are out of the Warminster Czech Lager malt so may have to wait or sub.

Key tip - give up drinking for a few weeks at the same time you keg your lager.

View attachment 92957

I made mine with 34/70 and I'm really impressed with it, definitely worth trying if you can't get the yeast you want. I was a bit nervous using it as I think I had got into the mindset that as you ferment it at a low temperature it would ferment slow but it didn't. I was thinking yesterday that I'm going to try using 34/70 'out of style' on non-lager beers.

A continuous yes from me. Read what you will into 'transport you to the golden age of craft beer'. #itstruecrafthasbecomemicromacro
View attachment 92945

View attachment 92944
That's an interesting concept, weigh out some hops and then stick some in when you feel like it. Completely non-repeatable one-off every time. (although I'm sure they follow a schedule)

I'd say it isn't even perception. Beer changes at dispense.

The exact same beer can be packaged different ways, yet Cask, can, bottle and keg are all different. There's even a difference between from how you pour a bottle, or whether cask is served with or without a sparkler.
There's a good video on the MM U-Tube channel about the difference dispensing makes. Its in their Czech lager sequence, last part. The head brewer describes the pour as one of the main influencers on taste. Worth a watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back