What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was eyeing up my last bottle of porter I made back in 2017/18 (I'll have to find out which). I made two batches, one used water from a well on a friend's farm, the other from a friend's son's water bottling plant - Marlish water (look at the level of bicarbonate - Bicarb ). I wonder if I can work out which batch it was.

Might give it a test tonight.
Turned out to be quite easy to work out which batch it was - it was labelled Marlish Porter :laugh8: . Checked when I made it - August 2015 so 8 years old.

Definitely going to test it later.

Good idea made one to celebrate the lights working 😀

View attachment 93004

I'm so glad the lights are LED strings these days. The hours I've spent going through multiple tree lights pulling each bulb out and testing it to find the one (or sometimes more) bulbs that have blown and then trying to match it up with the collection of different sized, different voltage, different shaped spares :mad:.

Not as much time as my father-in-law though. One year the mother-in-law convinced him that checking bulbs was a dangerous activity so he turned the electricity off. They took so long trying to make the lights work that it got dark and they had to use a torch to see what they were doing and couldn't understand how they had definitely found the blown bulb but the lights still wouldn't work. Eventually the penny dropped that having electricity switched off wasn't a smart move. Nearly died laughing when he told me the story.:laugh8:

IMG_20231209_182202.jpg

The afore said blending process.
Pre-sterilised hosepipe, so pretty much anaerobic and aseptic transfer.
Result - one cask of KCB.
IMG_20231209_184929.jpg

Meanwhile a preprandial of my Kent golden ale.
Tasty.

I would happily drink out of a stoneware stein…you would have to guess what everyone was having on this thread though!
Not the German stuff. I'm always on the look out for Victorian Mochaware pint mug for the vintage pint pot collection. Not enough to pay £80 Ebay prices though.

old-boys-with-pottery-mugs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back