What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 92960
Home now, so it's a tester of the newly casked Camden pale ale clone.
Not totally cleared, but clean tasting and HOPPY!
Later I did a 50:50 glass with my overly bitter but rich Kent golden bitter.
Great combo.
So sometime over the weekend I think I'll transfer the 6 1/2 L cask of the Camden into about the same in the remaining Kent golden bitter cask which is larger, to make a blended ale, which I shall dub the KCB (Kent and Camden Blend) possibly to consume on order in the Bath. 🍺🛀

Baltic Porter is 16 months in the bottle, I hope this gets consumed during the holidays, a bit on the sweet side for me.
View attachment 92969
Nancy Naylor Landlady an easy drink but a little strong, methinks Timothy mashes higher than suggested.

I woke up early in the mornin', tae slake ma drouth it was ma need
I tried to rise, but was nae able, for Nancy had me by the heid
"Come on, landlady, what's the reck'nin', tell me what I have to pay"
"Fifteen shillin's is the reck'nin', pay me quickly and go away"

View attachment 92970

I was eyeing up my last bottle of porter I made back in 2017/18 (I'll have to find out which). I made two batches, one used water from a well on a friend's farm, the other from a friend's son's water bottling plant - Marlish water (look at the level of bicarbonate - Bicarb ). I wonder if I can work out which batch it was.

Might give it a test tonight.

Belfast Christmas markets and shopping day
876C7B28-083C-4915-96CC-2E59A895C9C8.jpeg

Happy BirthDave @dave_77

Are spirits, liqueurs, and beer in addition to that?
Yes.
A big BUT.
You used to (pre Aug. '23 budget changes) be allowed to convert the 4 litres spirits/LIQUEURS or 9L Champagne into an additional 9 litres/12 bottles per person STILL wine or beer.
That is now specifically excluded.
Not every website has updated to that.
Need to know: if you go over your 18 litres/24 bottles of wine, you must pay the duty and VAT on EVERYTHING you are transporting, not just the excess.
Link:
https://www.gov.uk/bringing-goods-into-uk-personal-use/arriving-in-Great-BritainThe drinks bit:
Screenshot_20231209_134358_com.android.chrome.jpg

Big jugs.
But definitely not Steins,
well not in Germany:-

German phrases native speakers never use:
We don't actually call the famous 1 litre lidded German glass beer vessel a Stein as that means “rock” in German, and comes from the ceramic use in steinzeng meaning “stoneware” or steinkrug meaning “stoneware jug”.
Say Krug, Humpen or Maß instead for glassware.
But like it says, not in Germany.

But definitely not Steins,
well not in Germany:-

German phrases native speakers never use:
We don't actually call the famous 1 litre lidded German glass beer vessel a Stein as that means “rock” in German, and comes from the ceramic use in steinzeng meaning “stoneware” or steinkrug meaning “stoneware jug”.
Say Krug, Humpen or Maß instead for glassware.
But like it says, not in Germany.
I should have read the rest of the thread before my previous post :laugh8:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back