What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m having a glass of my Belgian Blonde but since I last had a glass it’s become more dry, the sweet malt has become more like cracker malt, and the esters have faded somewhat. Reading the BJCP Guide it might actually be more appropriate to the style but I like strong Belgian esters. Shame.

It’s possible I’ve just invented Belgian Pils! 😂

View attachment 93045
I'm with the BJCP there.
If it's not to your liking HB, then there would be an appreciative home for it in Ashford 😉.
Only saying.

IMG_20231210_183931.jpg
The KCB blended only yesterday pm.
Yes I know it's too early to have cleared and it's cloudy, but I just couldn't wait to see what it turned out like.
The answer is - gorgeous!
Beautifully hoppy and to follow a mouth filling roundness with some bitterness in the taste.
I couldn't have hoped for better.
A pity neither constituent is this balanced.
Still, I found an answer for them both. 🍺.

@The-Engineer-That-Brews that Brews cali common, dreadful pic again, sorry. A very nice beer, thanks for sharing, a bready lagery aroma, nicely bitter, cuts through the sweetness and that typical northern brewer woodyness compliments it nicely. Could see me getting through a few of these, which at 5.6% would be dangerous!

20231210_191456.jpg

@The-Engineer-That-Brews that Brews cali common, dreadful pic again, sorry. A very nice beer, thanks for sharing, a bready lagery aroma, nicely bitter, cuts through the sweetness and that typical northern brewer woodyness compliments it nicely. Could see me getting through a few of these, which at 5.6% would be dangerous!

View attachment 93082
Cheers! Glad it went down OK - it certainly fits the style guideline of "assertive hop bitterness" right? ;)

I’ve just been sorting out which beers I want on tap for the weekend when we have a group of friends coming round for a meal and drinks, 3 or 4 will be staying over. This is my offering…
48415220-3B9E-4D7C-B249-C47940760974.jpeg

Right now I’m having a glass of my American Pale, “Butterfly Effect”. Clean, crisp, fruity, bitter, and tooth-achingly cold! 🥶
FA2CE1CF-DD80-47D4-A561-4DEDB65F3606.jpeg

I’ve just been sorting out which beers I want on tap for the weekend when we have a group of friends coming round for a meal and drinks, 3 or 4 will be staying over. This is my offering…
View attachment 93106

Right now I’m having a glass of my American Pale, “Butterfly Effect”. Clean, crisp, fruity, bitter, and tooth-achingly cold! 🥶
View attachment 93107
With a tap list like that and a pub at the bottom of the garden I'm not surprised you have friends coming round and staying the evening H.

😍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back