What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this from Kirby Lonsdale brewery in wearherspoons, unfortunately was massively overcarbonated and half of it went over the table as soon as I opened it
View attachment 91169
Shame...its not a bad pint in their tap room...and I've stood on the Devils Bridge.
Go to Kirkby Lonsdale and try it out!

Stout time, and it’s a special one. A Founders CBS clone brewed by @phildo79. I last had the original over a year ago, but you’ve pretty much nailed how I remember it.
Mega aroma; all coffee, chocolate and vanilla. Big coffee flavours stood out on first sipping, but as you drink on the chocolate comes in and finally the vanilla flavours pull everything together.
I’ve been sitting on this one for a while now, at 10%ABV it needed the right night and it was worth the wait! Cheers again, that’s another winning stout you’ve sent me. I think this one gets the gold medal 🥇

IMG_2458.jpeg

Last edited:
Stout time, and it’s a special one. A Founders CBS clone brewed by @phildo79. I last had the original over a year ago, but you’ve pretty much nailed how I remember it.
Mega aroma; all coffee, chocolate and vanilla. Big coffee flavours stood out on first sipping, but as you drink on the chocolate comes in and finally the vanilla flavours pull everything together.
I’ve been sitting on this one for a while now, at 10%ABV it needed the right night and it was worth the wait! Cheers again, that’s another winning stout you’ve sent me. I think this one gets the gold medal 🥇

View attachment 91170
Think I need to try and brew one of those, always wanted to try the real deal.

View attachment 91170
Thanks for the kind words, mate. Had a couple of these last night too. Which might explain the headache when the alarm went off at 07:30! Did you find it a touch oaky? I had hoped for the oak to mellow out a bit more but am wondering if the keg being in the fridge (instead of under the stairs) for the last 6 months has slowed down that mellowing? Might just ditch the oak chips next time as it takes ages for the beer to come good. I mean, what's the worst that could happen! 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the kind words, mate. Had a couple of these last night too. Which might explain the headache when the alarm went off at 07:30! Did you find it a touch oaky? I had hoped for the oak to mellow out a bit more but am wondering if the keg being in the fridge (instead of under the stairs) for the last 6 months has slowed down that mellowing? Might just ditch the oak chips next time as it takes ages for the beer to come good. I mean, what's the worst that could happen! 🤷‍♂️
It didn’t come across as oaky to me. There are a lot of complex flavours going in it, but I didn’t think oak was in the mix.

My wife and I went to a very small and very old pub not far from home today, the Little Gem in Aylesford. I enjoyed a pint or two of Goachers Gold Star and brought home a four-pint carry out of the same. My wife brought home a four-pint of rhubarb cider.

View attachment 91158

The entrance door to this place is tiny and is lower than my shoulder height. You also have to step down as you come through the door - a mechanism I can only assume is intended to stop people already drunk from entering the premises because without good coordination/balance you’re going to throw yourself across the floor! 😂
Micro pubs aren't a new thing 😂

My wife and I went to a very small and very old pub not far from home today, the Little Gem in Aylesford. I enjoyed a pint or two of Goachers Gold Star and brought home a four-pint carry out of the same. My wife brought home a four-pint of rhubarb cider.

View attachment 91158

The entrance door to this place is tiny and is lower than my shoulder height. You also have to step down as you come through the door - a mechanism I can only assume is intended to stop people already drunk from entering the premises because without good coordination/balance you’re going to throw yourself across the floor! 😂
Not been there for around 50 years, still haven't straitened up

Yup damm 0\0 % is my go to beer if driving in spain, they do af beers so well over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back