What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a while to chill after the journey up to the cottage in Abersoch. The smaller bottles were quicker to chill

Attachments

• 20231027_204330.jpg
    20231027_204330.jpg
    26.7 KB
First sample tonight of latest hoppy Belgian pale..
I'm liking this hop combo, it's bitter but smooth thanks to Perle. Dry hops were Styrian Wolf, Kazbek and Spalter..this is one of my favourite combo's. Grapefruit, bitter orange with some spice
View attachment 91223
What yeast did you use Dave. Thinking of brewing a Belgian next. I don't have any yeast in stock

Half a dozen of these...
download.jpeg

But that's a Google image, from days of yore, when it was actually good beer...

They dropped the ABV a while ago, now the bottle shape has changed, and it's a gassy, insipid, lot of nothing.

Hugely underwhelmed, I'm only choking it down because I need the bottles for my own beer. How far Banks bitter has fallen 😔

Not round @phildo79 ’s place🤣. Now I’ve got a nitro tap I’ll have to bag his recipe.
Not a bother, mate. It's a sound recipe that I have made at least 4 times and been a winner every time.

@samale it is on draught in the Anchor Bar for £4. Or at least it was a couple of months ago.

It's tricky enough to find in Dublin. Not that I've been down for 5 or 6 years. I do recall a bar very close to Connelly train station that had it. There used to be a website for Cork people visiting Dublin, that listed all the bars that sold Beamish. Might still exist.

Or you could just come into Belfast. There are 3 bars that I know of that sell it. The Sunflower, The Duke of York and The Morning Star.

And I really should make another batch. Been too long since I had it on tap.

First sample tonight of latest hoppy Belgian pale..
I'm liking this hop combo, it's bitter but smooth thanks to Perle. Dry hops were Styrian Wolf, Kazbek and Spalter..this is one of my favourite combo's. Grapefruit, bitter orange with some spice
View attachment 91223

Sounds nice dave, recipe on your brew thread by chance? I'll look later when I've got chance myself.

The Spoons on Camden Street has it on all the time, I believe.

A lot of the Heineken supplied places that used to sell it have switched over to that Island's Edge muck I think.

If you have Untappd, have a look where people are checking it in when you're next there, then at least it should be accurate. Yesterday there were check-ins at Delaney's Smithfield, O'Donoghue's Suffolk Street, and The Ginger Man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back