What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimay triple before bed

IMG_20231021_234724.jpg

IMG_20231021_192059.jpg

It's good to be back home.
Last night's, but we're were tired and retired early.
The beer is my Exmoor bitter,
the gin (for opening another time) is a souvenir from last week's trip away with friends in S.Devon.
From the Salcombe Gin shop itself in Dartmouth, on our way back from visiting Greenways, Agatha Christie's house, using the ferry up the River Dart.
Bought whilst waiting for our bus back to Frogmore where we were staying. (viva! the Senior's bus pass).
It rained the entire time, mind, though not as bad as up North and Scotland, poor devils.

View attachment 91072
the gin (for opening another time) is a souvenir from last week's trip away with friends in S.Devon.
From the Salcombe Gin shop itself in Dartmouth, on our way back from visiting Greenways, Agatha Christie's house, using the ferry up the River Dart.
Bought whilst waiting for our bus back to Frogmore where we were staying. (viva! the Senior's bus pass).
It rained the entire time, mind, though not as bad as up North and Scotland, poor devils.
Yep, we've had a drop or two. Not as bad as further north though.

Last beer tonight is @Tess Tickle's Brewery Tripel.
I’m met with a great aroma when I pour it, lots of peppery and spicy phenols. It’s beautifully clear. the head is a little bubbly and dissipated 2/3 of the way through the pint.
The flavour follows the aroma, with a big yeast contribution. Peppery phenols and orange peel esters predominate. The finish is on the sweet side, balancing the 9% ABV perfectly.
I’m definitely not qualified to comment on Belgian styles. Great bear, well made and a perfect accompaniment to tonight’s Rugby. For me, a dryer finish would have pulled it all together perfectly.
Thank-you for sharing it🙏🏻.
And sorry about the Rugby rest of HBF. This is the 2nd Saturday in a row I’m saying that, on the day, the better team won.

View attachment 91069

Thank you Alastair for your lovely review. Definitely wasn't perfect but I got 32 points in the comp for it which I was thrilled with for my first comp. The FG was 1.004 but the body and residual sweetness definitely don't make that obvious. I'm confident I can fix those issues for next time though 😁

It's a little early to be posting in here, but there's no alcohol involved.

Husband has just made this chocolate almond smoothie which we shared and it was yummy, so I thought I'd show you all. It was from the diet doctor website.

For 3.5 carbs each it's amazing as it tastes like the inside of a Boost bar, and great for diabetics etc. Here is what's in it.

Unsweetened almond milk
Coconut milk
Protein powder
Peanut butter
Cocoa
Erythritol
Vanilla extract
Ice

About 180 cals for half the recipe so great for breakfast if you aren't very hungry or don't usually eat early. Jim doesn't like to eat early but needs something to take with his metformin otherwise he feels sick.

Definitely worth a go if you fancy something sweet that won't send your blood sugar soaring.

20231022_092548.jpg

View attachment 91072
We've visited Agathas House and spent many holidays exploring Devon.
Mrs Clint disapproved of me taking a photo of Agathas lavatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back