What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This went down well with the risotto earlier
IMG_1781.jpeg

What curry you got? I've got a beef randang style I've made and I've just thrashed up some bombay potatoes..
Beef as well for me, although a Rogan Josh style, cooked it in the slow cooker and just so good. Which is in some way a shame as their is none left, and I always find that curry seems to taste better the next day I think it must be a case of the spices have time to mingle and really soak in.

I have just noticed in the picture from my earlier post (on the left) its a 7.4% extra special version mine is the one on the right at 4.2%, i wasn't aware you could get the especial version, have any members had the special and if so how does it compare?

1697911227491.png
1697911266930.png

I have just noticed in the picture from my earlier post (on the left) its a 7.4% extra special version mine is the one on the right at 4.2%, i wasn't aware you could get the especial version, have any members had the special and if so how does it compare?

View attachment 91061View attachment 91062
Not seen that one Chippy_Tea. I bet I could brew one though...

Testing the Summer Gold. Very promising, need to save a few bottles for next summer. Picture was taken this afternoon in anticipation of tonight hence cap still on and no glass in the frame (it was a bit cloudy anyway as it turned out so not photogenic yet :D).

IMG_5800.jpg

Last beer tonight is @Tess Tickle's Brewery Tripel.
I’m met with a great aroma when I pour it, lots of peppery and spicy phenols. It’s beautifully clear. the head is a little bubbly and dissipated 2/3 of the way through the pint.
The flavour follows the aroma, with a big yeast contribution. Peppery phenols and orange peel esters predominate. The finish is on the sweet side, balancing the 9% ABV perfectly.
I’m definitely not qualified to comment on Belgian styles. Great bear, well made and a perfect accompaniment to tonight’s Rugby. For me, a dryer finish would have pulled it all together perfectly.
Thank-you for sharing it🙏🏻.
And sorry about the Rugby rest of HBF. This is the 2nd Saturday in a row I’m saying that, on the day, the better team won.

IMG_2447.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back