What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting with a Helles from Ampersand. Not my favourite style of lager but this is nice 👍
IMG_20231020_184112.jpg
IMG_20231020_184403.jpg

Looking forward to trying my mixed box of Ampersand lagers in November. Although they must've run out of one of the range as they put a can of hazy pale in instead.

Tonight I have had a Asahi 0.0 and Guinness 0.0.

Have lost half a stone over the 3 weeks off the beer, so (together with more exercise) it's having the desired effect. 9 more days!

Guest beers time, a Black IPA kindly sent to me by @matt76.
Lovely pour, a generous fluffy white head lasted the whole pint and laced the glass. When held to the light it’s got great clarity and is a deep red.
Low to medium pine and citrus aroma is balanced nicely with with light chocolate roasted notes.
The flavours follow; citrus hops and light coffee malts compete for prominence, but neither come out in front. A gentle dark berry fruit flavour pulls everything together, I’m guessing it’s from the hops rather than fermentation.
Great brew, its a while since I’ve had a Black IPA, and it’s a long time since I’ve had one as good as this. Thank you for sharing it 👏.

IMG_2438.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back