What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking out my Impy before I start posting them out. It’s mellowed really nicely, the roasted and caramel malts are now balanced really well. Looking forward to the feedback, I’ve drawn three experienced tasters in the swap.

IMG_2452.jpeg

Last up for tonight is another stout, @phildo79 ’s 1890 Truman Export Stout. It’s got more chocolaty roast than my Impy and loads of dark fruit and raisin. I really love the rich inky mouthfeel and it’s long off-dry finish. I had some sticky toffee pudding with it and they were a marriage made in heaven. Cheers mate🍻 and thank you for sending it.

IMG_2453.jpeg

My wife and I went to a very small and very old pub not far from home today, the Little Gem in Aylesford. I enjoyed a pint or two of Goachers Gold Star and brought home a four-pint carry out of the same. My wife brought home a four-pint of rhubarb cider.

DA707B96-A896-4B80-B139-D481A7AFA4FC.jpeg

The entrance door to this place is tiny and is lower than my shoulder height. You also have to step down as you come through the door - a mechanism I can only assume is intended to stop people already drunk from entering the premises because without good coordination/balance you’re going to throw yourself across the floor! 😂

Steak update. No.2 son says it’s one of the best we’ve cooked, and I have to agree. Hannon’s Mighty Marbled steaks are not Wagyu, but they’re as close as you can get with high welfare Co. Antrim beef. We went sirloin tonight.
It was cooked black ‘n’ blue on the Weber kettle over Stagg Hornbeam. Charcoal which has an aroma and flavour all of its own.
I can still taste it, and it’s put me in the mood for a stout.

https://stagbritishcharcoal.co.uk/products/6kg-hornbeam-charcoal
http://www.hannanmeats.com/our-meat/beef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back