What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Preparing for making my first Misty Ricardo base gravy. Also got no room in the kitchen as we are having a new roof on the conservatory and so the kitchen is full of its furniture.

7510A6EF-3B06-4982-B7DD-0971DF7EA496.jpeg

Yesterdays rum & reggae event was not as good as I’d hoped. The music, the food, and the beer were all just about OK. The company was good or I might not have stayed. The beers on offer were Landlord which was just OK and Doombar which was awful and definitely not the beer I used to enjoy on ocassion.

This morning I’ve fitted another tap to my brewshed and bottled my beers for the Welsh National. I know I don’t need another tap but the empty space on the end of the line of taps has been eating away at my resolve. C’est La vie 🤷‍♂️

I’m now having a taste of my latest batch of Pipster Pale. It’s been conditioning for two weeks and you’ll see it’s still a bit hazy. It also doesn’t taste clean yet but I was expecting that, this beer always needs at least four weeks to condition - at least it does when I brew it!

6CCFB739-6654-4337-9193-875B5C94A50F.jpeg

We've moved to the Picos de Europa and I'm having a Yakima Valley IPA, it's not very nice but at least the view is. Problem is I have another 7 to drink, at 6.1% at least I won't taste them after 2 or 3.

View attachment 89208
I've found that it makes an ok beer shandy with the Mahou IPA, in the multicoloured tins. The hop flavour is very artificial, I find.... Hence my purchase of a

IMG_2032.jpeg

One thing that still surprises me about Trappist beers is how reasonably priced they are for the quality, okay £3.65 a bottle isn’t cheap per say but compared to what you would pay for an imperial stout or triple IPA I still feel they are excellent value for money. Cheers all.

Last edited:
Yesterdays rum & reggae event was not as good as I’d hoped. The music, the food, and the beer were all just about OK. The company was good or I might not have stayed. The beers on offer were Landlord which was just OK and Doombar which was awful and definitely not the beer I used to enjoy on ocassion.

This morning I’ve fitted another tap to my brewshed and bottled my beers for the Welsh National. I know I don’t need another tap but the empty space on the end of the line of taps has been eating away at my resolve. C’est La vie 🤷‍♂️

I’m now having a taste of my latest batch of Pipster Pale. It’s been conditioning for two weeks and you’ll see it’s still a bit hazy. It also doesn’t taste clean yet but I was expecting that, this beer always needs at least four weeks to condition - at least it does when I brew it!

View attachment 89205
You know what H,I have arrived at the same conclusion! A few weeks and it's a different pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back