What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A NZ Pilsner not quite clear yet and as I don’t drink pils not sure if it tastes like one, and a NZ Pale, must make sure I have enough for the swap 😀

999287AD-D345-45C5-BF06-BF618BA62E39.jpeg

9881FB17-39A9-460F-A89B-D201F53DD97F.jpeg

Been at various parties and Indian wedding this weekend .. food and entertainment has been great...alcohol not so great..Fosters and Bells has been the drink of the weekend. I did sneak a Stella in at the Travelodge before the reception and picked up a bottle of Shipyard IPA from the Esso on the way back for a nightcap.
Got home Sunday lunchtime so finally some decent beer
Italian pils from Burning Sky sorted me out whilst watching the footie..a cheeky £2 bet at half time for Liverpool to win @25/1 finished off a great weekend. Especially with the ⚒️ finally beating Brighton 🥳
IMG_20230827_162710.jpg

11.5 hour drive (including stops and a walk) from Scotland to Somerset. Rewarded with first homebrew of August (!) as we've hardly been around with holiday / work / family commitments.

My just carbed Bitter. Only 2 weeks in bottle but doing well. Simple recipe (MO, crystal, biscuit with Fuggles). Yeast was a Notty and Windsor blend which seems to have worked - lowish FG but some esters too. Pleased.

For various reasons it spent 3.5 weeks in primary before bottling. Does that count as conditioning or do the benefits of time only kick in post packaging? Genuine question. Answers welcome.

Oh and it goes well with some Mrs Kirkham's Lancashire. We randomly drove past the farm today and stopped in. One of my favourite British cheeses. The mature version (new to me) is cracking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back