What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a busy day I’m having a few of those beers my eldest bought me. I started with this one which is more tart than full on sour and tastes like a blend of beer and white wine.

9CC60686-5727-4846-9749-A40310CF184F.jpeg

Belgian pale ale from @Benfleet Brewery .

Firstly, thank you for just popping up and sending me a bottle!

Opened with a slight hiss that just smelt of Belgium. Light brown, chill haze I assume (do we all have that - I assumed I was the only one... Like Tigger) and light carbonation.

But delicious flavour. "Oh yes. That's the business" was my wife's reaction. Gentle but full malt, with a light bitterness, but firm yeast flavours that go 'i once lived in a monastery next to a river'.

This is lovely. Definitely where I want to be with the next brew.

Thank you very much! 👍

PXL_20230830_192010214.jpg

Excuse the dirty glass, the house is a mess

Despite the name, another local brew, this one a pale ale, I've seen a bitter and a porter under the same name. Anyway, I went with the pale ale, lovely fruity aroma, tastes of nothing. One to avoid.

We are staying on a farm, the farmer has just decided to trim the hedges in the twilight which has awoken the eldest so I have no uno partner again. It was my turn yesterday, just the way the cookie crumbles.

20230830_213347.jpg

View attachment 89308

Grimbergen double amber which I get the feeling might be the special brew of southern Europe but i really quite like it, a nice malty flavour at 6.5%.
I remember a bloody great hang over in an ibis hotel in Chartres just south of Paris in 2008. it was grimbergen but had a green label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back