What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long weekend in San Sebastian, its roasting so picked this little cold one, it's actually very nice.

20230824_192058.jpg

Long weekend in San Sebastian, its roasting so picked this little cold one, it's actually very nice.

View attachment 89099
That’s a decent beer. Most of the locals I seen when on holiday were drinking it. Better than San Miguel
Look out for the reserva 1925 (green bottle) and the reserva roja (red bottle)
Even better.

Last edited:
Time for a different type of Red, ‘Crazy Grapes’. This is from a local wine seller and it’s rather excellent. Laithwaites loss is Nicholson’s gain, and the mouth breathing duckwits from Larne can stick the ducking sea border where it belongs when the time comes. C-units.

Rant over, soft smooth dark fruit predominate. No tannins, and a crazy long length of flavour. It’s excellent.

IMG_2249.jpeg

Another beer from my Wilderness box and another winner. This is another fantastic beer .7% but really dry and crisp for it. Bright pineapple type aroma..flavours are of maybe a Belgian yeast and then citrus and pineapple..it's great..could easily drink more of this and then probably pass out 😋🥴
IMG_20230824_205740.jpg

It's great with a Guiness head
Their bottles definitely seem to outperform the cans. That glass had two Maggies Leaps in it, then a snifter of my NZ Pale keg (which is still flat) before the Smithwicks was poured, and it still looked great.
I assume they all come out of the Brite Tank, but I still have a prediction for the bottles. Confirmation bias is a total barsteward!

Their bottles definitely seem to outperform the cans. That glass had two Maggies Leaps in it, then a snifter of my NZ Pale keg (which is still flat) before the Smithwicks was poured, and it still looked great.
I assume they all come out of the Brite Tank, but I still have a prediction for the bottles. Confirmation bias is a total barsteward!
Used to be a huge Smithwicks fan, but find it a bit bland lately (might just try the bottles).
Francisian Wells has a great Irish Red, worth checking out.

Kidare Brewing Company also have a great Irish Red.

Here's a link, if you are interested;

https://www.kildarebrewing.ie/store

Evening all. I’m off for 10 days so there’s no school nights for a while. The first beer of many is an old favourite.

View attachment 89100
One of Bernard's absolute gems. athumb..

I called in with another local brewing legend today, our good friends at Hilden Brewery, to see how prep is going for this weekend's Beer and Music Festival.

The court yard is looking good!

IMG_6561.jpeg
IMG_6560.jpeg
IMG_6559.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back