What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My tropical chocolate stout. Citra & El Dorado and Nottingham yeast. 6% and moreish.

16927354764131558659183524543989.jpg

Just popped-open the first bottle of a Wee Heavy I made last month. Tastes nice now, but am planning on aging most of the bottles until late autumn.
I used Golden Promise for the base malt and a bit of Roasted Barley. 8.5% ABV and mashed on the high-side with a FG of 1.025

IMG_8913.jpg

My mum has a tankard in her fancy glass cabinet that says “work is the curse of the drinking class” 😜
A classic Oscar Wilde quote 😂
I love quotes of that ilk.

The American country folk singer Todd Snider once described the area of East Nashville where he lives as a small drinking community with a big musician problem. 😂

First taste of bru-packs crisps, Victorian steampunk ale, been in the keg 2days it is 14days old and tastes very nice, I have never tried the real thing but if it tastes like this I would drink it, not to sure about the colour, hops were northern brewer and citra, View attachment 89081
The colour matches mine made from the recipe on the Crisp website. Finishing hop was Vic Secret though. Maybe Brupaks couldn’t get it.

Bitter from @pilgrimhudd .

Poured really nicely. Light carbonation for an ale, rather than the fizzy stuff. Great head. I could have easily rested a penny on it. Way better than I get from mine! Quite a bit of haze, which I figure is because I'd had it in the fridge.

Nice full flavour, rich flavour full of maltiness. Large amount of bitter has earned itself the name. Nothing to citrussy, which is perfect. Light floral flavours went with it.

An excellent pint. I've been drinking pale beers all summer and this was a lovely welcome back to dark evenings!

PXL_20230822_192014996.jpg

Really nice evening with family coming round for a BBQ. Loads of food, beer, and excellent company. You can’t beat spending time with friends and family. Precious.

For anyone interested I’ve been drinking Pirate Pale and Best Bitter. I might move on to Whiskey and coke next if I don’t just have a little nap. 😂

Last edited:
Went over to our daughter’s house to walk her dog. The dog led us to the pub (🤷‍♂️) so I had a fish finger sandwich and another pint of Fife and Drum from Musket Brewery.
9E3787D2-4A17-497C-9699-FC6ACE61098B.jpeg

Home now and sitting in the garden listening to the rolling thunder and rain patting on the gazebo canopy. To keep me company I have a Pirate Pale.
A3525538-C5F1-4E32-BD55-5D3409A41917.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back