What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My second guest beer of the night is this English Bitter from @Leon103

A nice crystal clear amber coloured beer with a loose off-white head and soft to medium carbonation. The head dropped to a light covering over the beer and slowly faded to a ring around the glass toward the end of the pint.
2B919F4B-512A-424A-A4A2-31C77268A09D.jpeg

The aroma is earthy with low level spice and a little caramel.

The flavour is that of a traditional malt forward bitter with just a hint of honey. Bitterness is soft and nicely balanced which together with a medium body and clean dry finish makes this a very easy drinking beer.

I really enjoyed this Leon and confess the glass was empty before this post was finished 🤭

Thanks very much!

My second guest beer of the night is this English Bitter from @Leon103

A nice crystal clear amber coloured beer with a loose off-white head and soft to medium carbonation. The head dropped to a light covering over the beer and slowly faded to a ring around the glass toward the end of the pint.
View attachment 88113
The aroma is earthy with low level spice and a little caramel.

The flavour is that of a traditional malt forward bitter with just a hint of honey. Bitterness is soft and nicely balanced which together with a medium body and clean dry finish makes this a very easy drinking beer.

I really enjoyed this Leon and confess the glass was empty before this post was finished 🤭

Thanks very much!
Thank you for the kind review. Of course it was your recipe that gave me the inspiration

Been super busy today with lots of brewing jobs. But managed to squeeze these beers in.

First this Buxton one to share. Then I cleaned my lines and put two of my beers on tap so had to try them.

Festbier is ok but definitely not ready yet, and a small taste of my tripel. Best thing I've ever made, and that's saying something as we don't normally go for Belgian beers.

20230722_161847.jpg
20230722_174853.jpg
20230722_173250.jpg

Back home and this gloomy weather suits a malty one better so here's a Spitfire. I have one more in stock at 4.5% ABV which will be the end of an era as SN have just reduced the strength to 4.2%.View attachment 88140
Interesting on the change. There will be more about with duty increases from August 1. We'll be seeing a lot more 11% and lower wine on the shelves - especially whites.

2nd of the evening @SMP Brewery neipa.

Full disclosure, not usually a neipa fan, most of the commercial neipas I've bought have been a bit too much for me.

However.. Nice fruity, almost bubblegum aroma, I'd eat my hat if mosiac isn't in this. Thin head which lasts.

It's lighter than the picture would suggest, hazy as it should be.

Citrus, bubblegum taste, initially bitter but smoothes out quickly with a sweet aftertaste. Nice mouthfeel, quite full, velvety. Lightly carbonated which suits this beer well.

Thank you so much!

20230722_181321.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back