What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to move on to strong Belgians but seeing @Alastair70 post I’ve changed my mind.

View attachment 102871
Went into a bottle shop in a not-so-affluent area, only went in for a homey and was looking at his stock of whiskey. Was amazed at the stock he carried. Indian whiskey from $2,000 a bottle! So had a big discussion with him about whiskey. (He is Indian so thought maybe he was having me on) Japanese whiskey from $10,000 a bottle! Plus all the different Scotch and Irish whiskey looking at all his stock it is a wonder he hasn't been turned over. I asked him in the area his premises was located how come so much stock, especially the Japanese whiskey? Online sales, one regular buyer buys the Japanese whiskey 3 bottles at a time!
I felt my purchase of Jamieson whiskey for $55 was quite insignificant.

Back home from a trip up north, the state not the country time to try the Golden Bitter, yes there is a difference to Golden Bitter and Golden Ale. The hops are the difference. Bitter as a bitter should be with a long lasting bitterness, something I could go to bed with.
IMG_1338.JPG

Next the Bass clone looking forward to making this again with a handful of light Munich or Vienna added for body.
IMG_1339.JPG

That sounds great, I’m sure moving there and learning about / exploring the area will be exciting.

I did a quick Google search for tap rooms and breweries in the area and it looks like you’re in luck - there are lots! I’m sure you have other interests but for me the beer scene is right up there 😉

Absolutely. We're looking at the 'Scott's Addition' area. Best area from what I'm told.

Went into a bottle shop in a not-so-affluent area, only went in for a homey and was looking at his stock of whiskey. Was amazed at the stock he carried. Indian whiskey from $2,000 a bottle! So had a big discussion with him about whiskey. (He is Indian so thought maybe he was having me on) Japanese whiskey from $10,000 a bottle! Plus all the different Scotch and Irish whiskey looking at all his stock it is a wonder he hasn't been turned over. I asked him in the area his premises was located how come so much stock, especially the Japanese whiskey? Online sales, one regular buyer buys the Japanese whiskey 3 bottles at a time!
I felt my purchase of Jamieson whiskey for $55 was quite insignificant.
I’m hearing great things about Japanese whiskey (not a word about Indian though ) seen a bottle in sainsburys down to £25 son not the same price range 😂

Today a Russian Imperial Stout "Черная вода/Black Water"

20240814_203712.jpg
Black Water.jpg

My brewing friend and I brewed this stout in 2023.
At the Central German Hobby Brewers' Meeting in June 2024, we came 2nd out of all the beers entered.

"Black Water"

is a Russian Imperial Stout. This historic beer style was brewed in England in the 18th century as a gift to the Russian Tsarina “Catherine the Great“. As a court beer, the Imperial Stout became very popular in Russia, the Baltic states and England. Special malts are used in its production, which are responsible for the coffee and chocolate flavours. Due to the high alcohol content, maturation periods of over 3 months are common. Two hobby brewers have rediscovered this beer style for themselves and brewed it in an elaborate brewing process.

Brewed by hand, with heart and mind.

Alk. 10% vol.%

Brewed: 10/10/2023

Bottled: 12/12/2023

Last edited:
Have a keg of Geordie Yorkshire Bitter beer kit brewed to 17 litre with 500g light dme, I forced carbonation with beer gas 75/25 and served with a picnic tap and it's absolutely perfect, I tried it on a Guinness nitro tap too and it was good, but it tastes amazing on the picnic tap 🤔

Attachments

• IMG20240814210633.jpg
    IMG20240814210633.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
Back