What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pint of Cheltenham Gold.

IMG_4046.jpeg

I have been in Bakewell which was heaving with tourists. First a Bakewell pudding, managed to find the same cafe we went in 11 years ago:
View attachment 102819
Then onto Thornbridge for the brewery experience which was sadly not a tour nor it seemed run by a brewer. Union system was in action in the background though:
View attachment 102820
Two flights first the kegs: Lukas, green mountain, Brock. All impressive.
View attachment 102821
Then the cask: Lord marples, green mountain again, jaipur. The bitter was good, the hazy probably not as nice as on keg, jaipur was sour and undrinkable - not what you would expect from the flagship brew in a taproom.
View attachment 102822
Then got a bonus third as I asked about the union:
View attachment 102823
Union is very nice and coming to bottle soon apparently.

Then I just picked up some random beer to takeaway:
View attachment 102824
No excuse for serving sour beer at the brewery, they should have showered you in beers as an apology. Their Necessary Evil range is good.

I was just reading a post somewhere on t'interweb from somebody wanting to clone that. I'll certainly give it a try if I can find it, the Estrella was from Sainsburys but they don't stock Inedit. Cheers
Shame! I got mine from Sainsbury's but noticed both Sainsbury's and Tesco's are currently showing it as out of stock. 😔

Last edited:
After the dog walked us home I’m having a session NEIPA to start. This one, Girl from Mars, is 4.8% and is a collaboration between Buxton Brewery and Brithop Brewing Co. I bought it because it uses Harlequin hops, one I’ve not used before and although I think I might have tried a beer with these hops at homebrew club I can’t for the life of me remember the flavour.

IMG_7286.jpeg

After the dog walked us home I’m having a session NEIPA to start. This one, Girl from Mars, is 4.8% and is a collaboration between Buxton Brewery and Brithop Brewing Co. I bought it because it uses Harlequin hops, one I’ve not used before and although I think I might have tried a beer with these hops at homebrew club I can’t for the life of me remember the flavour.

View attachment 102857

I watched the 1954 film "Devil girl from Mars" a few weeks ago. The robot looked like a washing machine with legs. For older viewers it had Fraser from Dad's army in it. Note the film's strap-line - "Mankind's greatest threat is a single woman". I'm sure the intent was 'just one woman' but its open to interpretation :laugh8:

DGFM.jpg

Just saw No.2 Son off to Australia. Toasting his safe travels with (at least) one of these.

View attachment 102870
Another one leaving these shores. Will soon be nearly every family in Ireland that has someone on the far side of the world.
Haven’t had a powers in years. How does it stand up to all the new Irish whiskeys?

Another one leaving these shores. Will soon be nearly every family in Ireland that has someone on the far side of the world.
Haven’t had a powers in years. How does it stand up to all the new Irish whiskeys?
Too right mate! At least Homer Simpson was right, alcohol provides the temporary solution to all life’s curveballs. To be honest, I’m more worried for Australia than I am for him.
I really like this one. Distinctly Powers but dangerously smooth. I’ve found them to be pretty consistent and well worth trying.

When in Rome (or albania)..... try Albanian wine!

No wine connoisseur but this tastes very
20240814_085402.jpg
20240814_085456.jpg
young and I'm not sure about metallic aftertaste. Not sure this will be troubling the 'finest' aisles anytime soon. Drinking interrupted by my youngest spewing.

Particularly enjoyed eating it with white meet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back