What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another taste of my cask Pirate Pale. It is slowly clearing and the flavour is more clean but I think it has too far to go to be entered into any competitions for at least a couple more weeks so I may have to enter my kegged version. That’s a real shame because the head is always better from secondary fermentation, and in time the flavour is too. I’m so conflicted! 😖

IMG_7722.jpeg

First day of our Greek holiday and I'm starting as I mean to continue 😂. Lunch down in Kalyves...
IMG_20240916_125114331.jpg

Mythos starter 😂, followed by Greek salad, small fishes and fried cheese...
IMG_20240916_125334655.jpg

IMG_20240916_130048785.jpg

After a leisurely stroll along the beach front, stumbled into a bar, wife had a Negroni and I had a Mamos (I now know I prefer Mythos to Mamos)
IMG_20240916_151514628.jpg

A stroll through the town so SWMBO could decide where we were eating tonight found us in a café/bar. Coffee for the wife and another Mythos for me.
IMG_20240916_162003869.jpg

I love Kalyves❤️🍻

Last edited:
House Red and Rabbit Stafado. The wine has a slight spiciness to it and has being ever so slightly chilled. As tends to be the case with Greek house wines I have no idea of the grape variety or vineyard (based on past experience likely from a vineyard owned by the same family as own the Taverna) but it’s pretty good none the less.

IMG_3003.jpeg

View attachment 103979
I’ll be honest basically all the beer I’m drinking this week is going to be whatever larger the bar, cafe, restaurant has on tap as in hot sunny weather that is exactly the kind of beer I want so a draft Mythos. It’s cold refreshing and went well with the pork Gyro I had.

Probably not the beer you want on a cold January afternoon in Gateshead but I really liked Mythos when I was in Corfu and Albania last month, probably the best available.

Normally when I look up a wine I buy in a bar or restaurant I am horrified by the markup but this rather nice Create White (50% Malagouzia, 50% Assyrtiko) at 26€ in the restaurant is €14 from a shop a mere 46% markup. Not sure if it’s normal or not but certainly welcome also to be honest a fair step up from the house wines I’ve primarily being drinking.
IMG_3012.jpeg

Latest posts

Back