What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything cleaned and put away just waiting for the wort to get to 12C so I can pitch the yeast so might as well have a Saison whilst waiting.

IMG_4042.jpeg

Hey guys. Rosé for me.

I have big news. The odds are likely we are going to be moving to the USA indefinitely. It will be a good few months before everything is finalised but I'm very excited for the possibility. I will of course still pop in when I can. 😁

View attachment 102769
Wow! Best of luck to you both, do keep in touch.

IMG_20240811_192734.jpg

Good Sunday evening all,
What a busy day!
No more Camden II left in the cask! 😭😭😭
But the Camden III is way better! 🥳🎉🥳
Then on to red Rhone Villages cru
Vinsobres with pork.
Both stunningly good.
A pity that's the last one.
Time for a booze cruise methinks - with DFDS of course (since those BA.... ST... Ds at P&O sacked all their experienced mariners then illegally underpaid all the contracted cheaper replacements
👹👹👹).
IMG_20240811_193436.jpg

View attachment 102808
Good Sunday evening all,
What a busy day!
No more Camden II left in the cask! 😭😭😭
But the Camden III is way better! 🥳🎉🥳
Then on to red Rhone Villages cru
Vinsobres with pork.
Both stunningly good.
A pity that's the last one.
Time for a booze cruise methinks - with DFDS of course (since those BA.... ST... Ds at P&O sacked all their experienced mariners then illegally underpaid all the contracted cheaper replacements
👹👹👹).
View attachment 102809
That's not just a personal opinion, even Conservative Ministers are recorded in Hansard as decrying P&O for it!

Hey Tess! That’s a big decision, where are you moving to and what’s behind the move?

Hi H. It's work - the boss wants my hubby over there as he's one of the key (and OG) employees. As you know my son is already there, running part of the US branch.

It means we'll have to start again with furnishings, but I see it as an adventure. The company are also very helpful and really look after us.

It's Richmond, Virginia.

I'm not sure what kind of an idiot would turn down an opportunity like that 😁

Last edited:
Hi H. It's work - the boss wants my hubby over there as he's one of the key (and OG) employees. As you know my son is already there, running part of the US branch.

It means we'll have to start again with furnishings, but I see it as an adventure. The company are also very helpful and really look after us.

It's Richmond, Virginia.

I'm not sure what kind of an idiot would turn down an opportunity like that 😁
That sounds great, I’m sure moving there and learning about / exploring the area will be exciting.

I did a quick Google search for tap rooms and breweries in the area and it looks like you’re in luck - there are lots! I’m sure you have other interests but for me the beer scene is right up there 😉

I have been in Bakewell which was heaving with tourists. First a Bakewell pudding, managed to find the same cafe we went in 11 years ago:
IMG_2648.jpeg

Then onto Thornbridge for the brewery experience which was sadly not a tour nor it seemed run by a brewer. Union system was in action in the background though:
IMG_2650.jpeg

Two flights first the kegs: Lukas, green mountain, Brock. All impressive.
IMG_2649.jpeg

Then the cask: Lord marples, green mountain again, jaipur. The bitter was good, the hazy probably not as nice as on keg, jaipur was sour and undrinkable - not what you would expect from the flagship brew in a taproom.
IMG_2651.jpeg

Then got a bonus third as I asked about the union:
IMG_2652.jpeg

Union is very nice and coming to bottle soon apparently.

Then I just picked up some random beer to takeaway:
IMG_2653.jpeg

Went to the brew shed to check if I had enough stock to make a staropramen later in the week (yes) and remembered I needed to put some more gas in the Poe’s Boston bitter keg. Was busy locking up when I realised I might have radically changed the flavour profile so decided it was a requirement to test it so went back in a filled a paper testing cup. Early for me (and possibly dangerous ashock1) but better safe than sorry.

IMG_7390.jpeg

Latest posts

Back