Newbee

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am a beer lover, but unfortunately it gives me gout, not much fun.
I have seen the light 😜and have a growing taste for cider (no gout).
Ive always fancied having a go at making my own especially as there is a community orchard in the twon where I live.

Now I've looked into homebrew a little I've relized the possibilities are almost endless.

I am dyslexic so please forgive any poor spelling and poor grammar missed by auto correct.

Kind regards all.

Welcome to the forum
cheers:

I suffer from gout, I found out years ago lager triggers my attacks so i gave it up and moved to "proper" beer ;)

Thanks you,

The welcome is appreciated.

I'm sure a lot of you have been members for years, and know each other well, as i hope to in time.

I look forward to learning from you all.

Im particularly interested in the ways things were done in the past weather it be cider or something brewed from something found in a hedgerow.

Or vegetable.

I feel like a kid with a new science project. But I'm in my 50's

Don't buy them make them I used to do this when i started before buying a 23 litre Fermenting Vessel -
Some member don't even bother with an airlock they just screw the cap on and back it off a couple of turns so the CO2 can escape during fermentation and nothing can crawl or fly in.

1725982865839.png

Where can I get some gallon jugs like this.

I have two 25 litre mash buckets, two djs all with cider

And two 15 litre jug type dj XL
In the post which the cider will be going into Saturday.

Then i guess I'll look for more of some sort of fruit 🙏,

Maybe just in time for Christmas.

Latest posts

Back