What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some proper ale in this god dambed village
IMG_2180.jpeg

Hmmm didn’t realise they’d resurrected it, but that look’s nothing like the old Golden Glory far too dark.

Probably another beer that has been tweaked to save costs.

Not sure if I want to try it as it used to be one of my favourite beers and so tarnish my fondness for it.

I think it’s a completely new recipe. I noticed it a few weeks ago and bought a bottle. Nothing like I remember, and the info on the recipe looks quite different.

Then again, I think they did this with fursty ferret as well, it’s much hoppier than I remember..

I’m having a first taste of the cask version of my Pirate Pale. It’s really too early (only been in the cask a week) but I was wondering if it might be good enough to enter into the CAMRA homebrew competition. The trouble is, the last day for registration is tomorrow and beers have to be sent in by the 20th for judging on the 27th. It doesn’t taste bad but it isn’t properly conditioned yet - could it be in two weeks time? 🤔

IMG_7681.jpeg

Edit: I decided to give it a try, nothing to lose but the postage cost and 2-litres of beer! I also decided to give my Full English bitter a chance to win another CAMRA award as I’ve now entered the competition. I obviously need to give that a taste test too 😉

IMG_7683.jpeg

Last edited:
Turned out nice after all the rain we had thanks to Cheshire.

Another Pig beer and another really nice one. I’ve been very impressed by them.

Edit you can’t see on the photo so this is Sauber and is their take on a Kristállweizen with a hop twist but no idea what that is.

IMG_4198.jpeg

image.jpg

When the wine is mediocre, the beer is all kegged larger (and one ‘IPA’) it’s time to go for spirits in this case a Negroni. Not as good as the one I had in Heathrow last month (though four pounds cheaper). Now the question is I have a 7AM flight I plan to be through security by 6AM, is it socially acceptable to have a Negroni at 6 in the morning?

Latest posts

Back