What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20240912_203016378_HDR.jpg

I’m in Chania at the moment and it is hot so a glass of FIX Hellas and a slice of pizza before I continue my walk. Beer is a fairly generic but decent larger, I doubt I would drink it at home but after walking in 28°C heat it is like Mana from heaven. Also the pizza is really good €4.50 (£3.81) for a beer and a large slice of wood fired pizza is pretty good value.

919C18F1-FC09-404E-9E3D-EA40EC59F111.jpeg

I’m in Chania at the moment and it is hot so a glass of FIX Hellas and a slice of pizza before I continue my walk. Beer is a fairly generic but decent larger, I doubt I would drink it at home but after walking in 28°C heat it is like Mana from heaven. Also the pizza is really good €4.50 (£3.81) for a beer and a large slice of wood fired pizza is pretty good value.

View attachment 103812
I'll be there on Sunday. Looking forward to my annual Greek island fix, excuse the pun 😂.

Kotaifali (local house red) this is why I like travelling in Europe restaurants actually try to offer good quality house wine. No it’s not some great aged Burgundy but it’s a decent easy drinking red that costs less for a half litre than I pay for a 175ml glass of pretty mediocre at best red in a pub or restaurant.
image.jpg

Haven't been around these parts for a while. A cycling holiday last weekend meant I wasn't posting.

Back at it this week and with a 2pm finish I called into my local bottle shop, they have recently opened their own brewery, cask only at the moment so this afternoons beer was their citra pale ale, very nice indeed.
1000047788.jpg

Went to St Bernard Abbey in Charnwood Forest. No brewery tours today but bought a box of the breweries two different beers, a Trappist Blonde and Trappist Dark.
Supposedly the only Trappist beers brewed in England. The Blonde was my favourite, the dark was like an Old Ale strong and sweet.
View attachment 103821
View attachment 103823
What I really appreciate about them is they don’t try to copy a Belgium Trappist beer but do their own take on it I.e. an English Strong Ale.

Mrs70 enjoyed her French ‘75 so much she’s having another. I, on the other hand, have opted for a Corpse Reviver No.2.
Equal parts gin, Cointreau, Lillet Blanc and lemon juice served in a chilled Marie Antoinette that has been rinsed with Absinth.
5⭐️ highly recommended.

IMG_3763.jpeg

Latest posts

Back