Football Banter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you didn't bet too much V
Nah, only a fiver :lol:
Very, very, very, dismal ManU performance, I reckon Chelsea would have given Barca a better run for their money :cry:
i think that was fergusons last game in charge.
:lol: ...get a grip, he still has to win one more league title :lol: ....still a very good performance from Fergy and the boys this year :party: :clap: , though I wish we'd have defended the CLT...oh well...always next time or 2, not many can say that :cool:

yep :clap: from what I seen, CFC were the better side - congratulations.

Commiserations to the toffee's they've had a great season :thumb:

CFC should have won 3-1 it was over the line, easy.

Well done the Blues!!!!!!
I thought we were in for a hammering after Sahas goal, but they just carried on playing football, probably knowing that they could make the chances. The toffees looked tired though

well one of the best young managers in the country as left the best team in the land :( . boing boing.
to manage a very small club in Scotland. nows the time to get paul ince back into management to take us back to the promised land.

davesiv said:
well one of the best young managers in the country as left the best team in the land :( . boing boing.
to manage a very small club in Scotland. nows the time to get paul ince back into management to take us back to the promised land.

Got to say that whoever we get to manage the Baggies there's on common factor running through all the probs over recent seasons, :arrow: the board and in particular :arrow: J. P.

I think the club is ripe for a buy-out, lets get some of that oil money into the club. Would have loved all the local clubs in the prem. I would have renewed my season ticket. Not now :(

Got to say that whoever we get to manage the Baggies there's on common factor running through all the probs over recent seasons, :arrow: the board and in particular :arrow: J. P.

I think the club is ripe for a buy-out, lets get some of that oil money into the club. Would have loved all the local clubs in the prem. I would have renewed my season ticket. Not now :(

i agree doobury
jeremy' got to move on and let someone with ambition take over. we are a club who are making money every seasson, but none of it ever goes to the manager to spend!!! he is just happy to watch us go up one seasson and down the next.

Disappointed that Martin No'Deal has been so quiet in the transfer market here ... :(

Wez said:
Disappointed that Martin No'Deal has been so quiet in the transfer market here ... :(

Even with no new faces in i think the villa will finish in the top 3. got a good squad of players and a quality manager.

I'd love to have your confidence, but I'm going to say a 7th place finish for the Villa (as it stands)

Above us will be:

Man U
Man C
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Everton

(In no particular order)

I'm going to put £10 on MCFC finishing 4th and AFC finishing 5th tho..

Slightly tenuous link, but my boy played at Wembley today! The FA and McDonalds hosted a celebration of grass roots football. This saw 56 teams from around the UK play on the hallowed turf. Well done to all the organisers and players. Long live grass roots. :thumb:
==============================

Edit. The lads were all under 10yrs and treated like royalty. Meeting Sir Geoff Hirst (The only man to score a hatrick in a world cup final (1966)) and Sir Trevor Brooking. Great Day.

BOINGBOINGBOING
WEST BROMWICH ALBION 1. NEWCASTLE UNITED 1

BOINGBOINGBOING

Fair result over 90 minutes, we lacked that killer touch in front of goal. but saying that newcastles sub goal keeper made 3 fantastic saves to keep them in the game. could have won it in the last minute but it was not to be. i still think we need an out and out goal scorer. young cox the new signing from swindon looked good when he came on but i think he will need 4 or 5 games under his belt b4 we see the best of him. also luke moore was a constent threat.

I think that was a good England performance tonight, happy to be qualified :thumb:

Capello has gone about getting a job done, thats all you want from a manager, right?

Now some planning for 2010

I feel bad for Scotland, i have roots there and wish they would be there with us.

Back