Football Banter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought chelsea were going through the motions tonight, and Pete was an absolute disgrace, though as with everyone, he's allowed a bad night every now and then. Liverpool looked hungrier, but as usual they fell short.
I'm red through and through but I'm not blind.
I hope we bring everything that's good in the game to the game tomorrow. As usual we've made it hard on ourselves...can we do it...definately...will we....I hope so.
I just hope Fergie's not shy of shaking the bottle should the need require. I see no need for Macheda to be a super sub...if needs must.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........ave it :twisted:

well I have been supporting all the teams in Europe well the ones that wear red that is

no interest in them actually winning as long as the game is good, tonights was a belter.

I have been spared exciting football, talent and huge salaries in football as I AM LINCOLN CITY not one of these wishy washy fans, we are the club, it is ours, we own it!

Not that I would say no to some tycoon spending £4.57 on the team. no the million is not missing :D

used to drink with the lads in Sleaford back in the day, skip earned 37K plus bounses, a year (that was 10 years ago I believe they get the same now)

It is IMPortant nah IMPeriative that we IMProve, the IMPetus must not IMPinge or IMPose on the IMPending IMPavid IMPassioned IMPperviable defense that is fortress Sincil Bank

Go the IMPs

Delighted to see Barca go through to the CL final, cause I didn't fancy Chelsea. Feel really sorry for the Chelsea though, not a nice way to go out :cry: Can't believe that UEFA won't change the rules for obvious ref errors :evil: poor Fletcher.

I wish I'd have had a bet on the Man U Arsenal game. I had MU to score twice in the first 10 mins and 3-1 overall...was close on the first bit, got the second.

I reckon the final will be a thrilling match and I'm thinking 3-1 again...to MU

Well i'm off up with AFC Telford United to Gateshead for the Confrence north play off final tonight, setanta decided not to show it live soo booo to them - especially since i subscribed to them so i could tape it!!

Its gonna be a close game and i'm not making any predictions cuz they tend to slap me in the face! all i'm gonna say is if we win i'm gonna be on here when i get back (early hours) and am probably gonna be a little worse for wear! If we lose i'll be going straight to bed :(

wish us luck

Lou.

Vossy1 said:
I reckon the final will be a thrilling match and I'm thinking 3-1 again...to MU
I reckon the match will be as boring as sh*t decomposing . . . . Not quite as bad as a Man U Chelsea match would have been . . . but it will be dire. I predict Barca wining on penalties :roll:

The best final would have been between Chelsea and Arsenal . . . although the best game of the CL was Chelsea vs Liverpool second leg . . don't think anything will come close to matching that.

Still there is the possibility of one trophy this year :roll: :pray:

Louthepoo said:
Well i'm off up with AFC Telford United to Gateshead for the Confrence north play off final tonight, setanta decided not to show it live soo booo to them - especially since i subscribed to them so i could tape it!!

Its gonna be a close game and i'm not making any predictions cuz they tend to slap me in the face! all i'm gonna say is if we win i'm gonna be on here when i get back (early hours) and am probably gonna be a little worse for wear! If we lose i'll be going straight to bed :(

wish us luck

Lou.

All the best Lou, i'll look out for the result :thumb:

I reckon the match will be as boring as sh*t decomposing
Well...probably compared to the show your boys put on night before last :rofl: :rofl:
The best final would have been between Chelsea and Arsenal .
You'd have wasted them, though it would have been a good game...apart from either of the teams winning :lol:
I think 2 of the best football playing sides in Europe are in the final....I will be gutted if United take a cautious approach...it doesn't work for us.

attack attack, attack attack attack :twisted:

I really don't like the hype attached to Italian and Spanish football. The British game is better and it's about time we were recognised for it, and shouted about it. That's why I would have liked an all English final, but Chelsea are scarily strong and I'm glad we have Barca instead :cool:

Agree with you Vossy. I would much prefer Barca than Chelsea as Barca are fairly weak and small team really and are easy to bully ...cough.

I would've thought there would be goals in the final as Barca are an attacking team and Man Utd are lethal on the break. I expect a pretty straight forward victory for the Reds with some goals similar to the manner in which L'**** were carved up for the third goal midweek.

I like how John Terry complained about six or seven penalties that would've put them in the final when they were given five to actually win the thing last time and erm...well we all know what happened then.

listening to talksport has been fun for the last couple of days :lol:

Conspiracy Theory :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I like how there was only that much injury time cause of Drogba rolling around :lol:

We've won the premiership again (better luck next time wannabe's :P )...getting sooo boring saying that now :P
Tomorrows the big one...and I'm bricking it...it's bigger than x-mas...hands shake as he types.

So what you going for ?

I'm going out on a limb and tomorrow I'll be putting my first ever bet on at the bookies. I'm not ashamed to say (and I hope that) I think it will be an open game, and a game with a FEW goals... :party:
I can't see Barca sitting back and defending, hoping for a counter against one of the best defences in the world, as they're a bit weak at the back, and I can't see their mid fielders and forwards defending, not with a motto of 'we'll score more than the opposition' ....anyway!
I reckon Barca will be VERY vunerable to our counter and Messi will be relatively subdued cause he'll have to deal with Evra :twisted:
Gonna be a classic....I hope :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Com'mon the reds :P :P :P :P :P :P

Sorry dont follow football never have, Still there's always beer........G

Got my pizza dough ready for this evening, mates and brothers coming around, homebrew on tap via the flash chiller in the front room*...bring it on Barca!

*Temporary arrangement! My understanding partner has let me move my chiller and kegs into the front room so we can grab beers without leaving the sofas! Must make sure to switch it on good and early so the water bath gets ice cold and it switches off...noisy buggers!

Latest posts

Back