Football Banter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way, oh, what fun it is to see the Villa win away :party: :party: :party:

Top 4 again :cool:

I got to watch it this time round the missus's family's house. Was a bit dissapointed that Villa didn't push harder, they definately had enough possession to do it but it all worked out in the end. Pity it was via an own goal.

It's a sign of a good team (apparently) if you can underperform and still get a result. It's great to be in this position going into 2009 :grin:

CBA :thumb:

Wez said:
It's a sign of a good team (apparently) if you can underperform and still get a result.

Chelsea must be a great team then :twisted: I cannot believe just how badly they have performed this last 6 weeks

Southend . . . . . Y'Know, I mean . . . . . well , Y'Know Southend? . . . . . Come on . . . . . Y'Know

Bloody 'avin' a larf :evil:

Now who would an Owl in Derby Support :D Of Course Sheffield Wednesday

s...p....e....e.....c.....h....l.....e.....s.....s and very scared!

Hey Wez,

Something we could make money today on even if we lose tomorrow.

Lingfield 5.20 freebets.co.uk Man Utd V Aston Villa Free Bets Handicap Cl5

Can i suggest "Ever Cheerful" ;)

Manchester United fan here too; born and bred in the People's Republic of Mancunia...God's Country.

Been quite an up and down season so far, losing twice to Liverpool was quite painful but more fun to come including a decent tie against Porto tonight. Also Macheda who was robbed from Lazio two years ago scored an absolute belter on Sunday (sorry Jamesb and Wez as Villa outplayed Man Utd for the majority of the game only to lose to a wonderful strike) and he's apparently on the bench tonight. Football eh? Bloody hell!

Is it wrong that I am so happy that Liverpool lost tonight?

Don't support Chelsea or any of Liverpool's rivals really, just dislike Liverpool FC!

Get in!

It's not wrong Holty, Schadenfreude is a massive part of my life as a football fan. Is it me or was Clive Tyldesley automatically assuming everyone was behind the Scousers? It was starting to get very annoying. Roll on Porto so the Liverpool fans can start lighting candles in Churches across Merseyside and praying for Man Utd to lose!

I hate the ITV coverage, the difference between ITV/BBC coverage and Sky is ridiculous - I can't understand how bad it is!

Tyldo did seem to favour Liverpool, and although the game was very watchable, I thought the standard of football was on the whole quite poor - loving the goals though!

As much as I'd like to see three English teams in the semi-finals, I can't see Man Utd beating Porto tomorrow, or for that matter showing the urgency they'll need to put in - Scholes, Park Ji-Sung and Carrick were dire last week and I can't see them being upto it.

Hope I'm wrong though!

Man Utd been underperforming all season and somehow scraping by. I don't think Porto are that impressive and if the Reds perform tomorrow then it can be a whitewash. They haven't been performing however so it could be very nervy. I'm now firmly behind Villareal putting on a show for us at The Emirates

Latest posts

Back