Football Banter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Die hard Bristol city fan. Currently fighting to keep our place within the 2nd tier of english football. Championship status secured against the mighty Barnsley on sat i think.

brizleciderarmy said:
Die hard Bristol city fan. Currently fighting to keep our place within the 2nd tier of english football. Championship status secured against the mighty Barnsley on sat i think.

You sure? Don't fancy the season in League One for a bit of local rivalry with the mighty Swindon Town?

Ahh the days of playing Swindon. Think it was back in 06. 2 or 3 games from the end of the season. Swindon needed to win to have a hope of survival and city needed a win to have a hope at the prayoffs. We drew 1-1 all but relegating them and securing ourselfs a nice top ten finish (just).

Before my Swindon supporting time... but not before SWMBO's.

So what happened in the League Cup..? :whistle:

brizleciderarmy said:

Think you will secure it - can't see Pompey pulling off the Great Escape this time...

Not sure who Coventry have left mind

:pray:
On paper i think Coventry have a slightly easier run-in with Donny and Millwall, bar Southampton. Just hope they dont put there reserves out on final day.

As for the league cup. erm ummm urr emmm :lol:

Yeah, I reckon you should be alright. Be the year after next before we can have a go... :D

Makes a change for us to be able to rib people about cup exits... *cough*histon*cough*... :lol:

Were **** in the cups! One good run in my memory.

For what its worth your lot pulled a blinder in getting DiCanio in. Thought he was a bit of a clown at first but the day he pointed to all the Bristol R****s fans on the Stratton bank signalling there going down he earned my utmost respect.

He very quickly turned into a Swindon legend. I think after the first 6 games most of us were thinking, "Ooops, this isn't going to pay off" but he just got everything to click after that.

He proved his mettle once at the Plymouth away match - his Dad died a day or so before the game, he still took the game and dedicated the win to his Dad.

He proved his mettle again at the Plymouth home match six months later - his Mum died the night before, he still took the game.

There are still those who see his politics rather than the man though and that's a real shame, particularly when he is honest about it and keeps it very much to himself.

Legend in less than one season.

Well done the Chels. :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :drink: :drink: :drink:

To be fair Liverpool were good in the last 1/2 hour, but we seem to have perfected the art of hanging on.

Yeah when Carrol came on the game change for us .... but the Chelski players were fast on the break in the first half , well we play again at Anfield Tuesday ... i thinkthe players need to get a room together with all these meetings lol

Was a great game but from a neutrals point of view Chelsea should have been wearing masks. Don't feel sorry for Byern though, they should have had it on their own merits and didn't. Chelsea held on and didn't give up and reaped the rewards.

Good entertainment, especially into extra time. Cole was absolutely outstanding. How Drogba got MOTM over him I'll never know.

Latest posts

Back