Football Banter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ipswich Town for me :? and when i lived in Stevenage i watched the mighty Stevenage Borough for 4 or 5 years :eek: It cant get no worse than that, can it? I think this is the reason i have turned to beer. :drink:

I heard the ref had Fergie's watch on :lol:

Sounds like a cracking game :thumb:

:lol: ...it's not the first and it won't be the last game we've won like that :whistle: shreds the nerves...I think Fergie loves it that way :lol:

I won`t be paying for it. It`s bad news for pubs, they will lose a lot of income that the England matches bring.

I was listening to TalkSport this morning (as usual) and they were saying that it'd only on line and there is a fee to pay to watch it :nono:

My belief is that ALL national sporting events should be available FREE on the medium most available to the population.

Wez said:
My belief is that ALL national sporting events should be available FREE on the medium most available to the population.

Aye. I don't see why all England/Wales/Scotland/NI matches aren't part of the protected "Crown Jewels".

<soapbox alert>
I find it quite unacceptable that a national sport is not available to the populous. I think the English FA should really think about their motivation for the sport - money, or popularity of the sport. It is the Ukraine FA selling the rights, but I think the English FA is duty bound to ensure that the game is available to the public. Admittedly a reasonable argument is that the internet is the most public medium to transmit on. However, I feel that the internet is currently an unreasonable medium to include in the bidding process for a public sporting event for one reason - mass transmission of the bandwidth required to be clear in a big screen on all pubs is very costly at the moment.
As I have been typing this I have been trying to think of reasonable solutions. In short there are none, but one must be thought up. For a nation (as well as other nations) the UK is not prepared for internet only transmissions of live events. The infrastructure is not there technologically or culturally.
And finally, as I am dragged from my soap box, if you think this does not effect you, think again. What live events do you watch? Live events are transmitted by the highest bidder, or in the event of no competition, the guy with a server, a monkey, and an internet connection in the basement of his nan's house. Demand accessibility and quality together.
</soapbox alert>

Tell you what, this beer tastes a bit nice. :D :drink: :drunk: :cheers:

Watched the England match last night, looking at Beckhams beard made me think, if his wife bought him the right jumper for Christmas he could become a real ale drinker

dennisking said:
Watched the England match last night, looking at Beckhams beard made me think, if his wife bought him the right jumper for Christmas he could become a real ale drinker
Classic, :drunk: heres to Posh and the wino Becks :drink:

Shame to see that Liverpool got knocked out of the Champs League tonight.....

*snigger

I have a ticket to their "end of season" party though, it's this Saturday night :D

Latest posts

Back