Bridestone Brewery Ongoing New Build "Latest"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bricks.jpg

Nice bricklaying Unc, have you had Yosser Hughes around on a part timer? :D

_41249672_boys_blackstuff203x300bbc.jpg

Little pud :oops:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
bricks.jpg

Nice bricklaying Unc, have you had Yosser Hughes around on a part timer? :D

_41249672_boys_blackstuff203x300bbc.jpg

Little pud :oops:

They are just placed not laid, & for a number of reasons

1 so the fumes from the gas can escape (will be brewing with garage door fully open so I don't carbon monoxide anyone.
2 so I can move it
3 it will crack under too much heat if cemented.

I was going to get firebricks but at 3quid each they can whistle reclaimed Cheshire brick will do the job required

Up

evanvine said:
Shane
Be aware that as they are building bricks, they may well crack and crumble with the heat!

I am aware young Jim, I spoke to a bloke at the builders merchants, and he said that as long as they are not cemented in they should be good, for what I am using them for.
It's not as if I have an 800deg blast furnace going on.

Time will tell, :ugeek:
And if they do deteriorate I might stick my hand in my pockets and give it a steel coat but I doubt I will need to.

UP

unclepumble said:
And if they do deteriorate I might stick my hand in my pockets and give it a steel coat but I doubt I will need to.
Seems a shame to give such a nice shiny object a brick overcoat :whistle:

They look so much nicer with a steel coat :whistle:

Underletting.jpg

:D :D

Firebricks are not the cheaper option at £3 each, 3 years ago it would have had a nice bespoke stainless jacket, lovingly tig welded in place, I don't work where I did 3 years ago though, so it's free recycled bricks for now, this build has cost me enough. It's got to start making beer on a regular basis, the plastic brewery can go and I can start looking for a stainless fermenter.

UP

That truly is a serious brewery build :mrgreen:
As an aside a common or garden house brick will withstand a constant heat of 450 to 500C so no worries there :thumb:

evanvine said:
tubby_shaw said:
As an aside a common or garden house brick will withstand a constant heat of 450 to 500C so no worries there
Some one should have told that to the bricks I built my garden incinerator with.
They didn't last that long!

The bricks won't be in direct contact with the heat they may get the odd lick from a flame but that will be it.

The first brewday on it will tell, I will have to see, I was hoping for a bash this weekend, :wha:

UP

evanvine said:
tubby_shaw said:
As an aside a common or garden house brick will withstand a constant heat of 450 to 500C so no worries there
Some one should have told that to the bricks I built my garden incinerator with.
They didn't last that long!
In an enclosed situation like an incinerator the temperature can reach in excess of 1400C without the need for "proper fuel" hot enough to melt aluminium brass bronze low grade cast iron and even glass :shock: Believe me I know :ugeek:
Jon(athan) Shaw Process Metallurgist(Cast metals)

Back