5 foods you will never eat again.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really, really should.
You'll wish you hadn't, though.
I've read about it before. Its something I probably should try although I'm sure I'll regret it. is it regional thing, I spent a fair bit of time in the alps and have never seen it.

3 - Quorn - what's that all about???.... veggie products pretending to be meat - just eat frikkin' meat!!!
Its a weird one, I'm allergic to it. Dont mind tofu (which is completely different), its been used as a meat substitute in the far east for centuries so not a new fad.

I remember working out in the wilds of NE Scotland one cold day, we reached a village about lunchtime and the village store had a hot cabinet with a few Scotch pies in it. Never has a hot crumbly, juicy, meaty pie been more welcome or savoured. I wanted to go back the following lunchtime, but sadly we were too far away.
Tried a macaroni pie?

I've read about it before. Its something I probably should try although I'm sure I'll regret it. is it regional thing, I spent a fair bit of time in the alps and have never seen it.
Yeah, it pretty regional to Brittany and Normandy although it does travel beyond those borders. If you're going to do it, try andouille first and work your way up to andouillette.
Then ask yourself why the good people of Vire invented Calvados and drink it by the pint.

andouillette Looks like a sausage until you cut into it then smell of **** hits you followed by the shock of intestines bursting out. Quite the most disgusting food on the planet. Luckily I just watched as someone else ate it.

You're one of the lucky ones, then. Over here, there's nothing else left. PM me your address and I'll send you a case of my Imperial Andouillette Shandy.
There's been cock ale, bacon beer, someone recently asking about chorizo beer, so why not give it a go??

I won't eat that processed vegetarian rubbish again...veg...fine...not eating meat...please yourself...that pureed,left over slop from other veg processing is just a complete con....they would have either binned it or payed someone to take it away who would have then sold it as pig feed...now they stick it in a nice packet and a load of idiots que up to buy it!!!

Personally I quite like some of the vegetarian stuff out there. There’s some cracking burgers for a start. The
Beyond stuff is great. Oomph is another good one, works well in stir fry’s. Quorn is of course quite bland by itself, but it has its place in things like shepherds pie, tacos . Something with a fair amount of flavour so the Quorn is only used as a texture.
The Naked mince is quite nice as well, another good one for tacos. Can stick to your pan if you don’t use a good non stick and a nice whack of oil.
No, I’m not a vegetarian. I just avoid eating too much meat if I can, it doesn’t agree with me. My favourite meat thing is a roast, so I’ll get a big slab of something for that occasionally, do a roast, make some curry, then not have any meat for a week.

I bought my brother some Garlic Beer a while ago but I never tried it myself. Anyone tried that one? Any good?

I bet there is some well thought out,tried and tested stuff...but there is some cheap rubbish...just like most stuff...

What i dont get is why they try to make veggie into meat its veggie and will never be meat, veggie burger a burger is made with meat same as a sausage, yeah and the earth is not flat well not till im ****** and i fall off in bed clapa:laugh8:

What i dont get is why they try to make veggie into meat its veggie and will never be meat, veggie burger a burger is made with meat same as a sausage, yeah and the earth is not flat well not till im ****** and i fall off in bed clapa:laugh8:
Because meat is delicious. Just because you're ethically opposed to eating animals doesn't stop them tasting great.

Because meat is delicious. Just because you're ethically opposed to eating animals doesn't stop them tasting great.
I eat both more meat than veg, i love veg prob have five with sunday roast i just dont get why they market veggie stuff like they do well i do in a way its to make people like me try it, it wont work grass is for cows

Yeah, it pretty regional to Brittany and Normandy although it does travel beyond those borders. If you're going to do it, try andouille first and work your way up to andouillette.
Then ask yourself why the good people of Vire invented Calvados and drink it by the pint.
I remember someone brought some dried durian back from their holiday and offered it our office for people to try. Most declined, given it's reputation but I tried it and for the first second, it was nice, then it sort of farts in your mouth, leaving a smell you can't escape from. Maybe I should have put that in my top 5, but andouilette must be a doddle compared to that.

I had never heard of durian, but now, after reading a Guardian article, I know it's best avoided, together with surströmming. The same article also warns against a French cheese, vieux Boulogne, which is considered to be the smelliest. I'll be on the lookout for that one as I love smelly cheeses since they smell of, well, cheese rather than carrion or pig slurry.
I reckon the country wine makers should be challenged to knock up a gallon of durian, though. What about it, Chippy!

Latest posts

Back