Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I brew a lager once a year.
This year, it was a BoPils.
Chill haze, a somewhat grassy initial hop character, and a malt character I'm not sure of and is all over the place. Don't know whether I have a touch of diacetyl or whatever.
It reminded me again why life's too short for lagers.

Give me a good ale any day, and I'm happy. Preferably British ales, but an APA will also do nicely, thank you.

However, seeing I'm posting on my 4th BoPils for the day, I'm kind of enjoying it, but nowhere near as much as a good Bitter or APA.

Anything in a 500ml bottle i thought it would be a good way of getting a couple of bottles together but i have had some real good hangovers
:drunk:

Watching the Lions tonight.

It's only once every 4 years, keep trying to convince mrs ll. :cool:

Good excuse to vary my own produce bottles of...... :D

Started off on Burton,followed by pedigree,Amarillo, Wild in the Country, and now back on the Burton. :thumb:

I wonder what's next on the list? :hmm:

Vossy1 said:
Brew Dog Punk IPA 3 for 2, £2.62 at Tesco's at the mo :party:
What a drink :twisted:
I think I need to work my way up to the Punk IPA. It just tastes like a waste of hops to me. :cry:

Punk IPA fan here too (converted by smod)

A few 'Kennys & maybe a wee dram later ;)

Just tried a Holt's Maplemoon, on offer in Morrison's for just £1 (including a free re-usable bottle).

Amber Malt with Cascade hops and a hint of Canadian Maple.

There's one brew I won't be trying to emulate, and I'm glad I only bought one bottle.

Vossy1 said:
Brew Dog Punk IPA 3 for 2, £2.62 at Tesco's at the mo :party:
What a drink :twisted:

SNAP! (Ok, last night though; not 8:43 in the morning)

Wish they sold the Hardcore IPA as well.

My mate just got a handpump so last night supping on his Mild from the pump, improved the beer dramatically!! Creams it up nicely... I really want a handpump now :cry:

The evening was followed by a Pliny the Elder vs my clone, and due to the original being slightly oxidised and somewhat ruined, my one came out on top :party: lol

Its hot up North too, so Im on a nice cool Paulaner! :drink: Which is soon to be followed by a Wychwood Hobgoblin! :drink:

Wychwood Hobgoblin!! Waiting on the Dangaarden to condition!! :grin: Tried to bottle my Dangaarden using a Wychwood bottle and it was a pain :nono: !!

Good choice, Hobgoblin is my favourite (commercial) bottled beer :cheers:

Wychwood bottles are re-usable but they do require a certain knack with a lever-type crown capper.

Currently drinking Scotch & Dry (well, Grant's was on offer in Morrison's and I need a couple more 1-litre PETs for my elderflower shampagne).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back