Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight we will be working our way through our brew year :D I have put 2 bottles of every beer brewed aside all year ready for tonight. Oh and I will be having a few jäger bombs and champagne along the way :cheers:

I see a bad day ahead tomorrow :oops:

rickthebrew said:
I used to live in cheddar in somerset - my sister still lives there and bought me some cheddar ales :party:

:

My brother lives in Wedmore, so i can see a brewery trip going on next time I go down to see him :cheers:

I'll have to see if my mate from Woolavington wants to come too..........

Currently supping a pint of Black Rock stout 7% abv (kit) and its going down very nicely.

Some Old Tom clone, to warm up after cleaning my shed. Using wacky Kwak, yard style glass :)

gybu8ehu.jpg

Turbo Cider with Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrent added before pouring, Jesus at 8% it's a good 'un!

Part of last years Fathers Day pressie. A bottle of Marston's Resolution Premium beer.....

Having a tipple of Shepherd Neame's India Pale Ale. 6.1% abv flavoured with Fuggles hops.
Quite nice, has a pronounced bitter after taste which catches you by surprise.

Last night I was mostly drinking Tullamore D.E.W Irish Whiskey that was a gift from a friend at Christmas.

He passed away yesterday.

I will fully admit my head wasn't fully working this morning.

Frogfurlong said:
Last night I was mostly drinking Tullamore D.E.W Irish Whiskey that was a gift from a friend at Christmas.

He passed away yesterday.

I will fully admit my head wasn't fully working this morning.

That's terrible. I've found whiskey to sooth loss well. Cheers, in honor.

Tooheys lager homebrew kit, bit dissapointed in this one, its a bit weak and hardly any flavour... matured for around 7 months. Hope its going to peak around 9 months

563638_10151224376511526_796874340_n.jpg

much to my surprise my 'Full Nelson', a pale with lots of Nelson Sauvin hops goes amazingly well with a glass of smoky Bowmore whisky all the way from Islay :thumb:

Swimbo had a meet today near Tebay services on the M6...for those not familiar they have a cracking farm type shop like no other motorway services you'll ever go in :cool: Anyway, she knew better than to return home empty handed :lol: :party:
CIMG6815600x450_zps5c989050.jpg

Presently sampling the Jaipur...only had it at beer fests before, never really noticed how pale it is....tbh I still prefer Hard Core IPA as it has more body, but then again it's a different type of IPA so hard to compare.
The only down side, swimbo told me they had 3 IPA's at 10.4% ish...but she'd paid enough never mind £4 a bottle for them ( I think that's quite reasonable :hmm: )

I'm starting with a "Pittsy's Hefeweizen" (I say starting... I'm nearly through that one...) I expect I might sample my two high ABV beers again tonight, just to see how they're getting on... Ivana Gerimov, a RIS at 10.3% and 35th Prime, a double APA at 9.3%...

...I expect to sleep well - good job I'm off tomorrow!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back