Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presently having a pint of Titanic Choc and Vanilla stout at the Old Market Tavern Altrincham
Ruddy delicious...swimbo's having a half of Cosmic......liquid hops :-)

Just re-visited Theakston's old peculiar, must say despite all the hype, I still don't find it an exceptional ale, must be just me.

I've been splitting my ale consumption between bottled St Peters Golden Ale (from my first kit), and Hobsons Town Crier. The latter gets very little exposure, probably because the brewery is small and distribution is pretty much restricted to the West Midlands, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire. It is. Cracking ale though, and well worth a bottle or two.

I make a point of not buying many commercial beers...why when you brew your own ?
However occasionally a bottle or two make a break for supermarket freedom by leaping into my trolley as I pass.
Batemans Victory Ale was one such brew that I wanted to taste as G.Wheeler gives a nice recipe for it in his book. I was impressed, its easy taste hiding the underlying strength of 6%. Lovely darkish amber colour in the glass, very clean and sparkly, but it does not have a head at all. carbonation was good though without being overpowering...Yup... I liked it

However occasionally a bottle or two make a break for supermarket freedom by leaping into my trolley as I pass.
:lol: :lol: :whistle: I to like the Victory, they do another one...is it Dark Lord which is also quite reasonable :drink: ...though B&M for Maximus is my only stop at the mo :cool:

Tonight and a few more's selection, B&M again, 17 bottles £23, still cheaper than Tesco's.
Jennings Bitter 2 for £2, Pedigree £1.29 and a few at Owd Roger at £1.79...not surprising at 7.2% :drink: ...managed to go to B&M, the post office and Wickes and be back home in 30 mins...belting :party:
CIMG6574600x450_zps580f4123.jpg

Ooh, drinking!! Good point... Time for a swift one methinks, suns over the yardarm and all that...

...brewferm Christmas!,!

yseha9yt.jpg

Coffee, and I shall be until this time tomorrow.
I'm working until lunchtime tomorrow. I don't mind though, I make it possible for others to enjoy the day too :)

Christmas can begin in our house. I'm home. Finished early as there was nothing to do, so now enjoying a pint of ag Cocker Hoop. :drink: :thumb:

New years eve selection, letting myself down a bit with the sub 5% TT but I like it :tongue: and I'm also very partial to a choc or vanilla stout...must ask Aleman how his are getting on :hmm: IIRC
CIMG6661400x300_zps6c29bc33.jpg

Have fun with that JP. :drink:

I am taking an 11l cornie of my blonde ale to a neighbours so will be working through a load of that tonight. :cheers:

Good call Vossy, with the Tesco double IPA, for a own brand beer it's pretty special, no booze for me working :(

no booze for me working
:( ...I'll have one for you :tongue: :drink:
Tesco double IPA, for a own brand beer it's pretty special
It's made by Brewdog I believe, tastes similar to Hardcore IPA, though I don't know why they call it a American IPA, surely it's a APA :hmm: ...either way it lurvely if you like that sort of brew :drink: :drunk:

Just started to make a dent in my Cocker Hoop corny, then moving over to Boddintons ish Mild :drink: :drink: Have a good one everybody. :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back