Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started a barrel of An old hooky clone from GW`s book. On 1st pint now seem fairly close to the real thing, need a few more to decide.

Not home brew tonight. I'm doing research into the world of coffee beers. It's a tough job I know. So far Cappuccino Stout By Lagunitas brewing is ahead. Darkhorses Perkolater Dubbel Is a close second though.

Now I know that some of you go into paroxysms of delight about Belgian beers but it's not something I know about ...... (yet).

Leffe was on offer in Sainsbury's so I picked up a couple of Brunes for a fiver.

That's a bit of alright :cheers: :drink: :thumb:

I'm on a the house ale which is a bitter with lots of bobek at a 80c steep and because Ireland are playing I'm mixing it to a Black and Tan with a stout

Can't believe this topic has sunk...it's quintessential to THBF...so back to life with it and stickied...lets get it going again :cool: ...possibly the 1st post on THBF and shamelessly nicked from a post on Jims.

Swimbo popped into West Moorland services today on her way home from Edinburgh and thought it rude not to get me my fav Beef Growler :shock: (pie) :lol: and bless...knowing my like for IPA's bought these little beauties home
CIMG6552300x225.jpg
CIMG6553300x225.jpg

The Thirst is reet up my street, quite a lot of body some burnt caramel and could be bittered more highly but still well balanced...a very nice pint and the reason I'll be brewing again soon....IPA's are the mutts :party: ...and for more highly bittered I can always fall back on the Hardcore :drink:

Just having the leftovers from bottling my hippy juice earlier. Blackberry and nettle wine, strawberry and mango wine, orange and cranberry wine. Afters shall be a bottle of ribena wine which I'll share with the misses, then as I have another 3 days off work, it will probably be followed by vodka and lemonade (don't know which Absolut vodka flavour though). Fingers crossed I don't fall down the stairs again tonight :thumb:

Well if I don't drink the left over hippy juice it will just be wasted. To be honest though, nearly finished my 3rd glass of wine, dinners nearly ready, doubt I'll make it onto the vodkas! Already quite tipsy :drunk:

well we went food shopping today ! and surprise surprise some beersa found their way into the trolley.
My All Grain brew Timothy Taylor Landlord is just coming " on line " so I decided to do a taste test, with mine v the shop bought TT Landlord.

Well the shop one is clearer and more sparkly than mine.
My head was better and remained longer.
Neither beer had any pronounced aromas although both smelled clean and beery if that makes sense.
Taste, shop bought has a nice bitter flavour not harsh, it was smooth,slightly sweet with a hint of er something I couldn't put my finger on... :oops:
not over powering by any means.
All grain brew tasted.............a fraction sweeter ( just ) a little thinner in body but certainly not a thin beer. Styrian hops I guess was the main flavour coming through as they were the main additions to the brew, and to me was the same as the shop bought one.
Both pints went down well.
To be honest apart from the clarity of the shop bought one I could not taste or smell any particular difference in the brews.
As a clone of TT, my recipe one was near on perfect, and I was impressed.

If your thinking of trying GW's clone version from his book. Go buy a bottle of it firstfrom the supermarket, what you will make will be as near as damn it the same.

P.s.

holding the all grain glass up to the computer showing brew mate details, the colour of my brew was spot on with their representation

Vossy1 said:

I do like the Ossian very much, but strangely I've never really got on with any of Brewdog's output - although I have to admit they've always been from casks at a BF, rather than from a bottle or from a keg in a pub..

These three are all I have left in my "bar", although that large beast behind it is about to be "opened", just as soon as I can put the car keys away for the day.

P1020035.jpg

I've had the 2 outer but not the inner, let us know what you think :thumb:
I do like the Ossian very much
Never had it before what a stunning beer...love it, can see why it's well regarded, similar in style to B&T and TTL...very nice :drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back