Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
talking of sessionable - my next cheddar ale is a 4.5% golden ale - potholer (it`s a cheddar cave thing i think) light and easy going - lovely rounded smooth taste and more impressive than the porter - i`m saving the IPA for tommorrow but expect good things from it ( if not i`ve a bottle of proper job to console myself ;) )

http://www.cheddarales.co.uk/index.php

i`ve still a few old school friends in cheddar so will look at a brewery tour / p**s up in the near future :cool:

last cheddar ale is a 5.7% IPA - goat`s leap ( if you`ve been to cheddar you`ve probably seen the crazy goats jumping up and down the cliffs - or was that to much farm cider when i was 14 :lol: happy days) own

so the ale - not overly bitter but great aroma - more aroma than flavour though I want a slap in the face from an IPA, still enjoyable though. Just had one of my pacific gold (take 2) which is pretty full on so my taste buds have had a bit of a bash so reckon i`ve been a bit harsh to the goat :lol:

lovely flavour - next time i`m in cheddar (soon i hope) will try to pop in and get some pics of the brewery :cool:

Currently drinking Budweiser budvar.... i know cheap and nasty but i was just in the co-op looking for something for tea...( pork chops), i happened to see the reduced to clear labels on it ( best before 20th april)... 35p per bottle.... 7.6% abv. i had to carry the meat, the basket was full!!

Its going to be a short night. :drink:

Just poured myself the last of Poltergeist porter and my bitters ran dry too. Thankfully I'm really surprised at how well my AG lager turned out, way way better than a kit. Also might try the PA later and see if the hops have mellowed.

Gotta get a brew on soon :pray:

erdinger dunkel - only thing that impressed me was the texture

half a can of carlsberg export :oops:

hobgoblin - not tooooooo bad

I'm trying this on Vossys' recommendation
2010-11-05201903.jpg

On offer at T*sco 3 for £4, 9.2% abv brewed by Brewdog :thumb:
2010-11-05201959.jpg

It "reeks" of mango :D and like most of Brewdogs extreme beers it's as hoppy as a hoppy thing from hoppyland :grin:

Wez said:
tubby_shaw said:
Wez said:
Guinness Foreign Extra 7.5%
That is a great beer :thumb:

My local off license has just started stocking them :cool:

I love GFES i have 3 pint bottles of BASS P2 imperial in my garage waiting to be sampled I am tempted to try one now.

I was drinking the Tesdog beer last week TS, very palatable and a good price at 3 for £4

am drinking Last dregs of pedigree clone.

UP

Had two bottles of Sam Smith's last night...
I tried to match the cold and dark outside the window... so went for the Oatmeal Stout and the Taddy Porter.
Bloody delicious the both :drink:

Nothing! I've still a week to go before my earliest creation is ready for tasting! :(

Might have to nip out to the shops later for some bread and milk...and other stuff. :whistle:

brewferm abbey 5.5% 5 wks tastes nice strength dissapointing should be 8%
brewferm diablo 5.5% 4 wks tastes ok same as above
samson strong ale 4.5% 2 wks good flavour quite happy with this one
coopers dark ale 4% 4 days not tried this one yet but drank half a pint when bottling and was impressed so have high expectations

Ive a lot to get through (62 liters left :D ) but thats how i like it. the minute ive emptied enough bottles ill be doing another :thumb:

I had a few pints of Liberation Ale the other night, very nice stuff from Jersey; got this off their website, and might try a brew of this in the new year

EBC 17
EBU 15
ABV 4.0%
Maris Otter Pale Malt
Crystal Malt
Wheat Malt
Goldings
Hallertau Hersbrucker
Styrian Goldings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back