Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i got given 8 bottles of shepherd neame kentish ales, 2 each of spitfire, bishops finger, master brew and whitstable bay - a thankyou for a favour done :cool:

on a spitfire at the moment :drink:

Just back from a shopping trip to Asda and its the first time since last April I've bought any booze....well apart from the spirits at xmas.
Bought a couple each of Spitfire, Old Speckled Hen and Deuchars IPA. Started on the award winning IPA and to be honest I'd rather have me HB ;)

Sean_Mc said:
to be honest I'd rather have me HB ;)

sean i agree with you there - i find lots of bought real ales a little bland and underhopped (there are some good of course though) but when you brew what you like to you own taste you can`t go wrong!!! ;)

cinzano rosso and ginger ale :sick: it's like sweet battery acid but not so nice
i think i'll have one more to be sure tho
ktg

Tuborg's Julebryg :grin:
I don't normally drink Pilsner's but I Can't say no to this one. It's the last of this years batch :(

I would firstly like to point out i was invited out yesterday and didnt actually buy the following...

8 bottles of Bud
1 Triple Gin and Tonic
1 Pint red wine
2 pints QC and lemonade - god that was awful
Finished off with a bottle of bud.

My head hurt this morning!
:rofl:

Coopers stout with 500g Extra dark spraymalt, 500g Billingtons molasses sugar and 454g Treacle :drink: fairly full bodied & not too much treacle flavour. Will do this one again :thumb:

OG 1048, FG 1010, kegged just before Christmas (haven't touched the bottles yet)

Started with a Cooper's Dark Ale. I brewed that twice + spraymalt and thought it was the dog's before I went AG, now it just seems a bit too ‘wet’. I must still have 20 bottles left, now 8-9 months old, and it mostly gets used if cooking brisket of beef or steak & ale pie.

Bottled my Elderberry & Blackcurrant this morning. When I came back to this fine hobby last March that was wine #01. It yielded 6 bottles + 1 glass. The bottles have gone away for a few months longer and I saved the glass for this evening. Very nice indeed, full bodied and beautifully smooth.

Followed that with a glass of Wurzel's, and I'm now having a bit of cheese accompanied by a nice Dow's Renown port,

Just put my porter in my new cornie, and had 4 pint's left over - so drank them - it's young put ok - better than the fosters alternative imo, then had A couple of pints of my first AG - it's in the bottle but still a bit cloudy - at 7% it's ..... who cares... :drunk: :drink:

I used to live in cheddar in somerset - my sister still lives there and bought me some cheddar ales :party:

IMGP2296.jpg

First up is a 4.7% porter - totty pot
IMGP2300.jpg

very easy going - smooth and drinkable. ideal as an intruduction to darker ales - i could happily sink a few of these before moving on to my 6.6% old peculier clone :whistle:

Nice haul :cool:

I'm having 2 or 3 Big Kennys, only 2 weeks in the keg but loads better already than most of the stuff on the shelves in the supermarkets ;)

Wez said:
but loads better already than most of the stuff on the shelves in the supermarkets ;)

:clap: great stuff wez - a kenny is still on my list ( it is quite a big list though :lol: ) even my rather amateur brews have blown my own socks off! I find some so called real ales a bit lacking, especially in the hop department :(

Wish I had a sister that bought me totty :clap:

Clearing the cupboards in the shed earlier and found a PET bottle with an Edme stout tweaked with black treacle from about eight months ago, very nice, only a slight hint of treacle, but very deep in taste.

Also found a couple of Yorkshire lagers....I'll let the lad have them

rickthebrew said:
Wez said:
but loads better already than most of the stuff on the shelves in the supermarkets ;)

:clap: great stuff wez - a kenny is still on my list ( it is quite a big list though :lol: ) even my rather amateur brews have blown my own socks off! I find some so called real ales a bit lacking, especially in the hop department :(

:grin:

I actually dropped the flame out hops for this one, and it's ended up much more sessionable :drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back